cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Inspector keeps changing pin assignments

Jump to solution
jrmymllr
Contributor I

I'm trying to assign pins in Component  Inspector, and when I change certain ones, it will say "ERROR: Pin number differs from requested value: x" where x is a number.  Then I change the next bit assignment on the same port, and it changes other assignments by itself (and highlights everything yellow). 

See screenshot for better explanation.  I have set bits 0 and 1.  If I set bit 2 to the pin the mouse pointer is on, it will change bits 0 and 1 to D7 and D0, respectively from D3 and D2. 

What is going on here?  I've used this before and haven't had this problem until now. 

This is CW 10.1 for MCF52259.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

there could be 2 problems.

All the bits/pins must belong to the same port and must be dealt with contiguous. For example, Port 0/Pins 0, 1, 2, 3 is correct whereas Port 0/Pins 0, 1, 3, 4 is not correct because the pins are not fully contiguous (unallocated pin 2 constitutes a gap between pin 1 and pin 3. For more details please see ttached screenshot.

There could also problem in UI. So please close and open the project where is the problem and try to select the pins according to instructions in point 1.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

there could be 2 problems.

All the bits/pins must belong to the same port and must be dealt with contiguous. For example, Port 0/Pins 0, 1, 2, 3 is correct whereas Port 0/Pins 0, 1, 3, 4 is not correct because the pins are not fully contiguous (unallocated pin 2 constitutes a gap between pin 1 and pin 3. For more details please see ttached screenshot.

There could also problem in UI. So please close and open the project where is the problem and try to select the pins according to instructions in point 1.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos