Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance Needed with Programming MC33PT2000AF Chip via SPI GEN Application

Jump to solution
Doublemint
Contributor II

Dear NXP Support Team,

I am currently working on a project involving the MC33PT2000AF chip and have encountered some difficulties in programming the device. Following the guidance available in the NXP community forums, I have successfully generated microcode using the PT2000Dev Studio application. However, I am unsure of the next steps required to write this code onto the chip.

From what I have gathered, the SPI GEN application is commonly used for this purpose. I have a couple of questions regarding the programming process:

1. I am considering purchasing the official NXP USB-SPI dongle, specifically the MC68HC908JW32 model. Would I be able to directly write data to the chip by connecting this dongle to the 4-wire SPI interface I have pre-prepared on my PCB using Dupont cables?

2. Does the aforementioned method of writing restrict the choice of MCU model I can use? Or is it possible to simply power the PT2000 chip and write to it directly via USB without the need for an MCU's assistance?

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or recommendations you could provide on how to proceed with programming the MC33PT2000AF chip. Thank you in advance for your support and assistance.

Best regards,

doublemint

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Junyao,

1. The interface you are referring to is an old design, you should refer to:

FRDM-KL25Z 

2. The interface board is a convenient way to download the microcode to the chip, it does not limit the choice of the MCU.

BR, Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Junyao,

1. The interface you are referring to is an old design, you should refer to:

FRDM-KL25Z 

2. The interface board is a convenient way to download the microcode to the chip, it does not limit the choice of the MCU.

BR, Tomas

0 Kudos
Doublemint
Contributor II

thank you,I get it.

0 Kudos