显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

TRACE32 to Flash MPC8377E

646 次查看
Mscampbell_ISS
Contributor I

Greetings!

My name is Mike Campbell, and I am from the production division at Innovative Solutions & Support. Our company uses the MPC8377E PowerQUICC II Pro Processor as one of the primary processor for a collection of our products. Historically, we have used the WindRiver USB for programming binary files to the internal memory of the processor; however, we have recently switched to the Lauterbach Power Debug X50 for programming. During the process, we program five binary files with the following start and end addresses, respectively:

1: 0xfe000000, 0xfe000063

2: 0xfff00100, 0xfff0e35b

3: 0xffd00000, 0xfefffff

4: 0xff7c0000, 0xff7c13d3

5: 0xff200000, 0xff5b1023

At the moment, addresses 2 and 3 are writeable from TRACE32, Lauterbach's software for flashing the processor, but addresses 1, 4, and 5 can't be read or written to. We believe that this is due to insufficient privileges on the processor due to the lack of a write enable. We were wondering if there was a specific instruction that is needed in order to be able to flash binary files to addresses 1, 4, and 5, possibly an instruction that or register that could be updated from the TRACE32 menu. We have contacted Lauterbach support and the advice provided was to check with the manufacturer, but I have not found anything directly related to this in the user's manual. Please let me know as soon as you have the chance, any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Mike Campbell 

0 项奖励
2 回复数

596 次查看
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For TRACE32 problem, please contact the support from https://www.lauterbach.com.

0 项奖励

614 次查看
rweiss
Contributor V

Hi Mike,

did you use the flash script included with the debugger (the one made for the MPC8377-RDB evaluation board), or did you use a custom flash script? The flash script that came with the debugger is able to detect a single flash device connected to chip select 0. Based on the addresses you provided, I assume that the debugger detected 8 MByte flash device (0xFF800000--0xFFFFFFFF), but you expected to find at least 16 MBytes of FLASH memory.

Depending on the design on your board, there may be more flash than the flash script is able to detect. There could be either a second flash device sharing the address space with the first on on the same chip select 0. Or there could be another flash device on a different chip select.

In order to support any of those constellations, the flash script must be changed to fit to the board design. The included reference script is only an example made for the evaluation board anyway.

If you need help with adopting the script, please contact Lauterbach support again and include the required information about your board design regarding flash. Please include the board schematics and the *.reg file you used to set up the WindRiver debugger for flash programming.

Best regards,
Reinhard

0 项奖励