cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start up the FS4500 SBC

liujiahua199781
Contributor I

Hi,all

When I power on the FS4500 ,It only lasts 1.3s then shuts down . Our team can only use it's debug mode now.

I write three instructions. first I use DSPI to config the  INIT_INT register to let FS4500 in normal mode(MSM state machine).then config the  INIT_SF_IMPACT register to close the FS mode ,last config the WD_WINDOW register to close the watchdog.  

What should I do to solve this problem , I used the example code in this website however no use. The DSPI we use is DSPI_2,I promise that DSPI is ok.

THANKS!

jiahua Liu

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

liujiahua199781
Contributor I

I find it is the Feeding Dog‘s Problem ,Now I have solved this problem !thankyou

0 Kudos

liujiahua199781
Contributor I

Hi,Sun

I use MPC5744P and FS4500 , the project is built in S32,the development envirment is right.

firstly, I just try to power on the SBC to make it working continuesly , However it only lasts 1.3s (Vpre ,Vcore has high level ) and then power down (the SBC has no electricity).  So I initialize the main state machine INIT_INT register trying to extend the time.but  no use.So I decide to use the official example nxp offers.also no use.

the link you give to me is locked ,I would appriciate it if you unlock it for me.

I use this demo code in the below link.

MPC574xP-MC33FS65xx / MC33FS45xx Demo Code 

the schematic I want to use is this one given by a reply from another comments .step.png

But it is the next step to realize the state machine and dialog . I think I should make SBC having power longer to provide power to MCU, such as 8s before I feed the watchdog.I don't know this problem is the software problem or the hardware problem.

THANK!

Jiahua Liu

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

For hardware I will double check your schematic,please send to me.

For software you have to refer to which present in my last mail mentioned.

liujiahua199781
Contributor I

Hi

Thanks for reply,I have founded the problem which is because that I forget to feed the dog in the 256ms windows for 6 times.

In addition,how can I got the software example which you mentioned in the last mail?

THANKS!

liu

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I send your information by e-mail,please reply to me about software!

0 Kudos

liujiahua199781
Contributor I

hi,Sun

now I have three question,Please give me some help.

1.how can I success to feed the WD? As you know,WD_WINDOW is 3ms ,only 50% is the "open" window which can succeed feeding the WD.Front half is "close" window (feeding wrong WD,WD ERR COUNT + 1),It may be Feeding WD Front half that made the fault counter =6,then the state turns into the deep fail safe mode.

2.In order to exclude the Feeding WD problem, I feed the 256ms first WD and config the WD_WINDOW register to close the WD in normal mode.However It also turns into deep fail safe mode because the fault counter becomes 6.Can I say that

it is not the Feeding watchdog problem?

3. How can I find the exact problems that made SBC turn into deep fail safe mode ?After Power on reset ,It is only 1.3s,and then it turns to DFS.

THANKS!

liu

0 Kudos

liujiahua199781
Contributor I

hi,Sun

I have recieved this mail,could you send me the example of the FS45 and MPC5744P software ? Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Could you please send your schematic firstly?

Then do you refer to our software in below link?

Embedded SW: FS65/FS45 SW Driver | NXP 

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hi,Sun

I want you to show me if there is anything wrong with my hardware.In my code, the mode 6503 read when the power is on is the normal mode, so I cannot initialize the register normally.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos