cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where are .elf files?

lahar
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a P4080DS board and I have downloaded installed v1.4BSP which works fine. I was also able to bitbake hypervisor and bitbake fsl-image-minimal. I am currently looking for .elf files. After researching a lot I found out that I should be able to find .elf files under tmp/deploy/images but I don't see any .elf files there. Please help.

Any documentation related to .elf files would be very helpful. I am trying to learn as much as I can related  to .elf files. Thanks a lot!

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lahar
Contributor II

I just read here - Freescale Technical Information Center

Limitations

1. Boot Services
    • ELF file format-- the hypervisor image loader only supports ET_EXC as per the ePAPR. The ET_DYN flag is not supported.

This is the reason why I was looking for ELF files. I am not completely sure what does this statement mean. It will be very helpful if you could please explain me this statement and direct me to where I can read about ELF. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The statement (in the http://www.freescale.com/infocenter/topic/QORIQSDK/1331445.html) means that the hypervisor could load only ELF images having e_type ELF header field value ET_EXEC (0x2) - refer to the ePAPR 1.1 - Power.org:

https://www.power.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Power_ePAPR_APPROVED_v1.1.pdf

0 Kudos

hwrobel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Google “elf files”. First link should help you.

Heinz

0 Kudos

lahar
Contributor II

Hello Yiping,

Thanks for the reply. I read somewhere that we need .elf files to download image on Simulator/board. Are you saying that I don't need .elf files I can just use hv.uImage to transfer image on hardware?

Is there a link or anything available somewhere where I can read and understand about elf files. I researched a lot but couldn't really found anything related to them.

Thanks

Lahar

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The command bitbake hypervisor generates uImage hv.uImage for hypervisor under tmp/deploy/images/hv, bitbake fsl-images-minimal generates minimal rootfs filesystem.

What kind of elf file do you need?

0 Kudos