Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P1010 caching

tsybezoff
Contributor II

Hi to all
Please, help me
I'm interesting how to cache piece of code or some function at P1010???

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm afraid we do not have this software example ready to share.

In general, to cache some piece of code, you have to execute "icbt" instruction over this address space with address increment equal to one cache line size.

But in this case you should keep in mind that this cached part of code may reside in cache until the next interrupt. When interrupt handler is called, your cache may be loaded with a new data (instructions of cache handler)

If you wish to load some piece of code and lock it in cache, please use "load and lock set" instruction - icbtls. Note is you use cache locking, you should check for overlocking condition.

For the example code for overlocking condition detection please look e500 Core Reference Manual, Section 3.8.4

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/E500CORERM.pdf

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos