cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior RCW configuration.

pierre-antoinem
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm testing a P5020 board and I can't figure out how to change the RCW config properly.

I builded my own RCW code with QCS and want to apply it on the P5020 in order to lower the frequencies.

My code is directly loaded into RAM with the cache_Download.tcl script.

I created a new .txt with my RCW code (like in "Freescale\CW PA v10.3\PA\PA_Support\Initialization_Files\jtag_chains" ) but it seens not to work.

Can anyone help me on this ?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

pierre-antoinem
Contributor III

I finaly used the jtag_chain file (.txt) with the RCW code.

I followed "Freescale\CW PA v10.3\PA\PA_Support\Initialization_Files\jtag_chains" to link it to my project.

CodeWarrior was unlinking my .tcl and .mem files making it to fail at launch, they must be relinked.

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In CodeWarrior 10, after specifying the JTAG configuration file, you also need to configure initialization scripts manually.

0 Kudos

pierre-antoinem
Contributor III

Thanks for replying !

I will try these possibilities.

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

1. If on the board is already a working RCW and you can enter in debug (using Connect/Download configuration), you should program the binary generated from QCS to flash memory, using Flash Programmer.

2. If you are not able to enter in debug mode, you can use the default jtag_chain file (.txt with RCW code) or the one created by you, but the switches on the board should be in sync with the setting in rcw (for example the cpu frequency). After this, you should be able to enter debug mode and program the rcw to flash memory as in step 1.

3. If you have an working u-boot, eth connection to the board and a tftp server, you can load rcw binary directly to the flash using u-boot capabilities. More information in this link.

Adrian

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please follow the section "A.4 Setting a Remote System to Use a JTAG Configuration File" in the document C:\Program Files\Freescale\CW PA v10.3\PA\Help\PDF\Targeting_PA_Processors.pdf to configure JTAG configuration file in CodeWarrior to override RCW.