cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COP/JTAG

tomaszkrupski
Contributor I

Hi!

Is it possible to use a COP connector (J29 in the P1010RDB)  for the boundary scan test?

In my design a JTAG chain consist of a CPLD, P1010, and FPGA.

Will a debugging of  P1010 through COP still work, even when the P1010 is in the middle of a JTAG chain?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tomasz,

It is possible to debug P1010 in the JTAG chain.

First please make sure TDI and TDO of the JTAG header and all the devices in the chain are connected.

If you use CodeWarrior, you need to define JTAG configuration file for the scan chain.

The CodeWarrior debugger  supports targets with non-Freescale devices on the scan

chain. Each non-Freescale device is declared as "generic" and needs three parameters:

JTAG Instruction Length; Bypass Command; and Bypass Length. The values for these

three parameters are available in the device's data sheet or from its manufacturer.

For example, the JTAG Configuration File for this scan chain could be as the following.

Generic 4 1 0xF

P1010

Generic 5 1 0x1F

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I thinks yes, what's your problem?

See Section 8.3 Using JTAG Configuration File to Specify Multiple Linked Devices on a JTAG Chain, in Targeting_PA_Processors.pdf, the document is located in the CW installation C:\Freescale\CW_PA_v10.3.3\PA\Help\PDF.

0 Kudos