What does the part number suffix of /00 or /08 signify ?

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

What does the part number suffix of /00 or /08 signify ?

2,059件の閲覧回数
sryan1
Contributor II

For a part such as P87C591VFA   and P87C591VFA/00     -  what is the difference ?  What does the /00 mean ? 

Same for P80C552IBA  versus P80C552IBA/08 - what does the /08 mean ?

Thanks, 

6 返答(返信)

1,851件の閲覧回数
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sean

Please refer to answer of Bernhard Fink above!

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,851件の閲覧回数
bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I checked through some historical documents and found a few indications that this numbering has nothing to do with the ROM code number specified in the data sheet ordering information tables.

Over time we updated the devices in several categories (silicon update, package material, 12-cycle to 6-cycle 80C51, manufacturing location etc) which lead to different device revisions.

Whenever possible we discontinued the old part, but sometimes the new part(s) and old part(s) were produced in parallel.

So when you have a /01 and a /08 device, then the /08 device is the new one.

Since this is not reflected in the latest data sheets of the devices, I can only assume that the new devices provide the same functional behavior as the older devices.

But I wasn't able to find any more details what has changed.

Best regards,

Bernhard.

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,851件の閲覧回数
sryan1
Contributor II

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks, I didn’t think it had to do with ROM codes as the P80 devices are ROM less.

I saw another email from GW Sun that indicated that the /00 or /08 may refer to Fab or assembly differences,

Similar to your inputs.

I thought maybe there would be something – probably internal to NXP systems – that might indicate the specific differences that would

Of been the impetus to add the /xx suffixes as a differentiator.

If you find any specifics on this – appreciate it.

And thanks about the /08 parts would be the newest ordering code – this is helpful.

Regards, Sean

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,851件の閲覧回数
bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The number after the slash describes a ROM code version:

P80-P83C552-Types.png

The ROM-less versions obviously have no number number there.

Over time we have updated code in the ROM devices , that's why you find different numbers there.

Don't ask for details of the changes done there :-)

Regards,

Bernhard.

1,851件の閲覧回数
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

For P87C591VFA  you can buy the detail part number P87C591VFA/00,512 /P87C591VFA/00,529,both of them are EOL now. Same explanation with P80C552IBA  and P80C552IBA/08.

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,851件の閲覧回数
sryan1
Contributor II

Hello,

I understand they are EOL.

My question is - what does the /00 or /08 signify ?

NXP added these to the part numbers as a differentiator it appears ? - so what is the difference ?

Thanks, Sean

0 件の賞賛
返信