Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating MC1322x boards

Jump to solution
hadhoud
Contributor I

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to this forum and I hope to find help here. I have a very big problem. I have two freescale MC1322x boards (network and sensor node boards) and everytime I reprogram them with IAR EWARM 5.4 by clicking clean after rebuild all after make and finally debug, the application works but after I swith off/on it is replaced by the pre-installed application (weather station). Do I need everytime to use the firmware loader of the Test Tool to replace the pre-installed app ?

Another problem is that sometimes I have network problems even if I never touch the source codes given with codebases. For example with MyStarNetwork application, the network node that is connected with usb is detected by the application but after I link the sensor node it stays for some seconds then is inactive and goes away. Same problems were faced before with Weather Station Application but no more now. Very strange !

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mads
Contributor V

Hi Hadhoud,

Please try using IAR 5.2 as specified in the release node for the codebases.

by registering your IAR license on the website you will be able to download the 5.2 software.

else contact IAR support.

Br,

Mads

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mads
Contributor V

Hi Hadhoud,

Please try using IAR 5.2 as specified in the release node for the codebases.

by registering your IAR license on the website you will be able to download the 5.2 software.

else contact IAR support.

Br,

Mads

0 Kudos
SurferMC
Contributor I

After contacting IAR I was able to find a way to get IAR 5.2 on their website. Here is the link:

http://iar.com/website1/1.0.1.0/1020/1/? 

0 Kudos
hadhoud
Contributor I
Finally I succeeded in downloading IAR EWARM v5.2 and it's alright now. Thanks for your support :smileywink:
0 Kudos
vsk
Contributor I

Hello Hadhoud ,

can you tell me how u manage to download IAR EWARM version 5.2 ?

I am also facing the download problem!

Thanks

VSK

0 Kudos
hadhoud
Contributor I

Thank you for your fast reply. You're right because I contacted an IAR support engineer and he told me that it's a problem with the flash loader and that I need the right .icf and .board files of the MC1322x platform. What I'm doing now is updating ram and not the internal flash of the boards. My issue now is that I can't access to the download page of IAR EWARM v5.2 ... Could anyone that have the 5.2 version give me the .board and .icf files ?

PS: Even Freescale does not have a download section for flash loaders and I think it's important for some developers ... 

Message Edited by hadhoud on 2009-07-23 09:52 AM
Message Edited by hadhoud on 2009-07-23 09:53 AM
0 Kudos