cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get data on POPR Register

tushar_verma
Contributor I

Hi

I am working on Zigbee router code from latest SDK example using MCUXpresso IDE and FRDM-KW41Z board.
1. I have added code for EPD(display) and that device is interfaced through SPI as peripheral, i am receiving data on my zigbee router then i want to render it on EDP(Display), All seems good but as i have required display information which will be sended by display on sending some command from master to peripheral, I don't know why but i am not getting anything on POPR register while using SPI_read function while on BLE+EPD it is working fine everything is same board is also same SPI.c and SPI.h files are also same what can be the problem please let me know

i am providing some files related to this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

tushar_verma
Contributor I

I don't have Oscilloscope or logic analyzer is there any other way to check it?

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Sure, there is another way, we can try by using a callback function for the reception and transmission of data from the SPI module, I highly recommend to test first with our SDK example of SPI interrupt to check first if the SPI communication is working properly, and compare the initialization of the SDK example and your project.

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for contacting NXP support.

So as far as I understand you don’t present any troubles when receiving data, but when you transmit data you are facing troubles. I am correct?

Can you please help me if it is possible to send some logic or oscilloscope images about how data transmission and reception is working?

0 Kudos

tushar_verma
Contributor I

Hi Sir,

Actually i am unable to find is communication taking place between them or not, I don't know how can i check and confirm it in MCUXpresso IDE, Means what steps to take and debug the code to know SPI is working for data receive and send. 

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can give a look in to SPI from the HW pin you used in this case you can connect an oscilloscope or a logic analyzer in order to have information regarding the SPI communication trace. This does not involve MCUXpresso is directly from your board.

0 Kudos