cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support MPU 8080 LCD on iMX6ULL-EVK board in U-boot

91_quyetluu
Contributor II

Hi everyone,
Currently, as the subject, I am trying to support LCD in Uboot for iMX6ULL-EVK to use splash screen.
I found https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/Patch-to-support-MPU-8080-LCD-on-iMX6UL-...
 But those patches do not work to me. I use Uboot version v2020.04_5.4.24 and the patches seem too old and the define configurations for those things are different. I try to understand the workflow setting of display in U-boot.
Do you have any instructions or documents could solve this?
Could you share the patch, if it is available? I really appreciate that.
Thanks in advanced!
P/s: Do you know how to print all message in the U-boot? The debugging in U-boot is different with printk of linux. I can not find it out. Could you suggest me a way to do? Thanks

Thanks,
Quyet Luu

0 Kudos
5 Replies

91_quyetluu
Contributor II

Hi Igor,
Thanks for your quick reply.
Do you have any latest patches for this support? 
I have some confused of define macro for the display support in Uboot. That why I need the detail document for the porting Uboot on imx6 or the latest patches for this support.
 I hope you have ideas about that.

Thanks,
Quyet Luu

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

91_quyetluu
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your link.

I am working on that patches. But that is old version U-boot and I have read code my current version U-boot seems different with that one.
I have confused in the file  drivers/video/mxsfb.c 
https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/uboot-imx/tree/drivers/video/mxsfb.c?h=imx_v2020.04_5.4.2...

I should add that patches within #ifndef CONFIG_DM_VIDEO or in the else define condition?
This definition relate to a lot of defines in the file include/configs/mx6ullevk.h and the mx6ullevk.c also. 
Do you have information to deal with those things? 
Could you help me about that?

Thanks,
Quyet Luu 

0 Kudos

abdullahkahrama
Contributor IV

Hello Quyet,

Did you manage to solve this issue?

0 Kudos