PN7462AU I2C Slave configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7462AU I2C Slave configuration

kowshik1729
Contributor II

I am trying to configure the PN7462AU as I2C slave and interface with an arduino due (master). I see that the NXP's SDK for this works a little differently by using the HIF(Hardware interface) which identifies the communication interface by monitoring the hardware pins.

However, I'd like to know if there's a direct way to populate an struct with the details like interface type, slave address etc., and perform a Hw_Init ( ) kind of function. It's too confusing to use the HiF example from the SDK. Can you please suggest me a little straightforward way to do this?

Thanks,
G Kowshik

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Fabian, I've been assigned to support your case.
Thank you for using our products.
Unfortunately, the interfacing with the PN7462 is limited to the use of the Host Interface HAL. This is intended to prioritize the NFC capabilities for the IC.
My apologies but, we don't have any other documentation of the slave interface usage.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

kowshik1729
Contributor II
Hi Fabian,

Thanks for the reply. So are you saying we can't configure the PN7462 as I2C Slave at all? That seems a little weird?
0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir,

My apologies for not expressing correctly my answer. Yes, the PN7462 can be configured as a slave, this is stated in the Datasheet. Please keep in mind that section 8.8 states that pins ATX_A and ATX_B are intended to be used for interfacing with a Host, in this case, your Arduino. Section 8.8.2 is the Address information.

The interfacing commands are limited to our API which can be checked in our API documentation (SW36xx\NxpNfcRdLib_PN7462_v0x.x0.00/docs/PN7462AU/PN7462AU-FW-apiguide/index.html) Host Interface HAL > HIF (I2C, SPI, HSU) HAL

I hope this information may have been useful.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

kowshik1729
Contributor II

Hi @Fabian_R 

Thanks. I figured the I2C configuration and went ahead to use the HIF example in the SDK. Howe ever it seems the example is using dependant on an LPC board to toggle the pins (which I toggled manually to select I2C) however after identifying the HiF communication, the code gets stuck in an signal handler which comes from the flash boot main function. We're not able to debug it further, is there a possibility to setup a call or other means of debugging this please?

Thanks

Kowshik G

0 Kudos