I am working with the FRDM64F and now my SPI MOSI stays high at IDLE and at the start? I want to have it pulled down so it can rise on activity? How can I achieve this?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am working with the FRDM64F and now my SPI MOSI stays high at IDLE and at the start? I want to have it pulled down so it can rise on activity? How can I achieve this?

disruptivesolut
Contributor I

I am trying to communicate with an MCP2515. The MOSI has to send 0x0C and 0x0F but is sending 0x00 before each command. This because it is pulled up all the time, The pull down does not seem te have any effect even a resistor 10k does not solve this. How can I achieve this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ben,

Unfortunately, this is not possible by any SPI configuration, to do this you will have to switch pin functionality to GPIO between transfers. Please check the thread below that explains more of this.

MOSI stays high after data transfer 

Have a great day,
Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos