cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Warrior connection issue to Custom Board based on LS1046ARDB

Jump to solution
Ghouse
Contributor V

Hi, i have designed a custom board based on LS1046ARDB, in the custom board i am using MT40A512M16LY-075:E for DDR4 (4 IC's are used).

When i am trying to connect the Code Warrior Tap, all the connection diagnostics steps is passed however it stops at "Test DDR memory access", the info displayed is "Cannot write data at address 0x80000000".

Please let me know what needs to be done.

Thank u.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ghouse
Contributor V

Hi, the issue is resolved, i had modified the DDR files as per our custom card and now Code Warrior Tap is getting connected.

Thank u.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please double click LS1046A_RDB(1) in Target Connections panel to open Target Initialization File, you need to modify "DDR Initialization" section according to your custom board in CW initialization file.

You could use QCVS DDRv tool to assist you to get the optimized parameters.

1. Please create a QCVS DDR project with reading from SPD method.

2. Please open Validation panel to connect to the target board to do validation and optimization. Please refer to "1.2 DDR validation" in attached user manaul.

3. After validation, please click "Project->Generate Processor Expert Code", please refer to file ddrCtrl_1.py in Generated_Code folder in QCVS tool.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The DDR Initialization section provided in LS1046ARDB Target Initialization file is not suitable for your custom board, you need to modify DDR controller configuration section according to custom board.

You could use QCVS DDR validation tool to do validation and optimization to get the optimized DDR controller configuration parameter. Please refer to the attached QCVS DDR user manual.

1. Please create a QCVS DDR project with reading from SPD method.

2. Connect QCVS DDR validation tool to the target board to do validation and optimization, please refer to "1.2 DDR validation" in the attached document.

3. After validation, click project->Generate Processor Expert Code, then refer DDR configuration in ddrCtrl_1.py under Generated_Code folder to modify "DDR Initialization" in CW initialization file.

0 Kudos
Ghouse
Contributor V

Hi, thanks for the reply,

I tried reading from SPD method, but the code warrior tap is not getting connected to the custom board.

Please note that in our custom board we are using DDR4 SDRAM used in LS1046AFRWY(i.e MT40A512M16LY), and all other design is referred from LS1046ARDB. Physically i only have LS1046ARDB with me, and i have not purchased LS1046AFRWY.

Please let me know how and what to modify so that the Codewarrior tap gets connected to my custom board.

Also let me know what changes to be done to update the Firmware image to suit my custom board.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Do you have valid RCW on the custom board? If no, please use CodeWarrior to program it on the custom board.

When you click "Read SPD", CodeWarrior Connect Server(CCS) will be popped up at the right bottom of the Windows task bar. Please open CCS console and type "log v", then click "Read SPD" again, the low level CCS log will be printed in CCS console, please capture this log to me to do more investigation.

0 Kudos
Ghouse
Contributor V

Hi, please find attached 2 more logs by following the same procedure mentioned by you, please note that these logs are different from the previous log i have attached.

Please go through and please let me know what needs to be done.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Did you get ccslog2.log and ccslog.log reading from the same target board.

I didn't find problem in ccslog.log, however there is basic connection problem in ccslog2.log between CCS and target board. If you use the same target board, it seems that your target board is not stable.

0 Kudos
Ghouse
Contributor V

Hi, please find attached the ccs log as requested by you.

Please note that iam using Ubuntu 20.04 as my Development PC and the Codewarrior is installed in the same machine (Ubuntu 20.04).

Also note that when i press the Read SPD button by giving the Probe IP, after some time i get a Red Cross Symbol (screen shot is attached).

0 Kudos
Ghouse
Contributor V

Hi, the issue is resolved, i had modified the DDR files as per our custom card and now Code Warrior Tap is getting connected.

Thank u.

0 Kudos