About the way to drive NVT2008PW

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the way to drive NVT2008PW

Stueeee
Contributor I

I encountered some issues while using NVT2008PW for voltage conversion. If the reference voltage at Side A is 1.8V, without connecting a pull-up resistor but with a parallel 0.1uF capacitor, and the reference voltage at Side B is 3.3V with a 200k pull-up resistor and a parallel 0.1uF capacitor, I would like to know if Side B can elevate a 1.8V voltage signal received from Side A to 3.3V. If it is possible, can I directly obtain a 3.3V voltage signal without serially connecting any resistors? If it is not possible, how should I configure it to convert 1.8V to 3.3V?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Stueeee
Contributor I

Thank you very much for your answer, I am deeply inspired.

Stueeee_0-1718091917667.png

So, what if I connected a pull-up resistor (200K) in series in the reaf B, as shown in the image below. At this time, if I connect the 1.8V voltage signal on side A in the figure, can I directly get the 3.3V voltage signal on side B? I mean, do I need to series some resistor at Bn to get the converted voltage signal, or can I get the converted voltage signal (3.3V) directly?

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No need to add series resistors at Bn to get the 3.3V voltage signal on Side B.

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

When using NVT2008PW for voltage conversion, if Side A is supplied with a 1.8V voltage signal and the conditions you mentioned are met (no pull-up resistor and a parallel 0.1uF capacitor), Side B can indeed elevate the voltage to 3.3V. However, to obtain a proper 3.3V voltage signal directly from Side B, it is necessary to serially connect an appropriate pull-up resistor. This ensures the correct output voltage level. Therefore, to convert 1.8V to 3.3V and obtain the output from Side B, you need to connect a suitable pull-up resistor to the output pin of Side B. Please note that when selecting the resistor value, consider the current requirements and voltage stability. You can refer to the NVT2008PW datasheet or design guidelines for specific resistor value recommendations.