824J deep power down reset

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

824J deep power down reset

Mairineuh
Contributor I

Hi, I have a 824J which apparently went in deep power mode, manages a power tool battery which went low, looks like is configured to switch off permanently if the battery is left discharged too long.

Sure is a simple procedure to wake up it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
9 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mairineuh,

To wake up LPC824 from deep power down mode, WKT is used. see below screenshot which is extracted from LPC824 UM

ZhangJennie_0-1721285110508.png

Regarding to demo code, we can refer MCUXpresso SDK. demo lpcxpresso824max_power_mode_switch

This demo demonstrates how to wakeup from different low power modes.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

Mairineuh
Contributor I

Interesting, but I have no access to the software, I only have access to the pins, I have an xprog which can read the software or just can reset it on the pins some way?

Thanks

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mairineuh 

I just updated the screenshot of last reply. 

We can see that using WAKEUP pin to wake up LPC824 from deep power down mode.

You should see how to wakeup with WAKEUP pin with SDK demo power_mode_switch_lpc.

Hope this will help you.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

Mairineuh
Contributor I

I get what you say there, but I still don't understand how to get to it, I have a board on where I have some connections to solder an adaptor I expect, but what adapter should I use and how? I'm used to for example reset an frm on BMW cars where I connect the xprog adaptor to download the flash memory and repair it, but on this one I'm a bit lost

0 Kudos

Mairineuh
Contributor I

I get what you say there, but I still don't understand how to get to it, I have a board on where I have some connections to solder an adaptor I expect, but what adapter should I use and how? I'm used to for example reset an frm on BMW cars where I connect the xprog adaptor to download the flash memory and repair it, but on this one I'm a bit lost

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mairineuh 

The demo code I mentioned is enclosed in MCUXpresso SDK , 

https://www.nxp.com/design/design-center/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools...

based on NXP demo board

https://www.nxp.com/design/design-center/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools...

You use custom board. I supose you need a debug probe like MCU Link

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

Mairineuh
Contributor I

Ok, I see, the board is something cheap enough to not be a problem, and I suppose I will manage to use the software, however, my question was if there was a simple way to do it, say linking the wake up pin to 0v for a moment or something else, just to be clear, this wake up procedure I need to do it only will need to be made once, don't need to do it anymore once it's up and running

0 Kudos

e-bits
Contributor I

Hi Mairineuh,

I have the exact same Problem with my Battery from the same Brand as yours. On my side it's a 36V 7.5Ah Pack.

On the battery display itself, it shows a crossed battery which indicates the battery pack gots disabled.

I would be interested in a similar process as you. Just linking some pins to trigger a reset. I was balancing the cells manually and ready for a reset. But how to reset is not clear to me.

Did you manage to get it working? Which pins did you linked? Or is it just possible with a programmer?

Thanks
Cheers e-bits

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
Hi Mairineuh 

If pin wakeup is needed, you have to link thPIO0_4/ADC_11/nTRST/WAKEUP, pulling it down to 0 to trigger wakeup.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang
0 Kudos