Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use USBDM to program ARM device?

Jump to solution
wangbaode
Contributor IV

Hi, pgo

I made a USBDM.it's hardware is USBDM_CF_JMxxCLD_V3 and  firmware is USBDM_CF_JMxxCLD_V4.sx。USBDM version is 4.10.4.

I use it to program HCS08 and it work perfectly.But when i use it to debug MKL05z32 and K60 with codewarrior 10.3,it doesn't work.is there anything I should configure?is there documents to describe how to program ARM with codewarrior 10.3? should I configure codewarrior 10.3 to program ARM devices?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Wang,

Unfortunate the USBDM_CF_JMxxCLD_V3 only supports the JTAG interface on ARM devices.  The MKL05 series does not use that interface.  It only uses the newer SWD interface.

The K60 device should work.  Hove you tried the stand-alone programmer?  Does it detect the target device?  If so could you let me know the device ID and I will check if there is a problem.

The support for different interfaces by different version of USBDM is shown on this page:

USBDM: USBDM Debugger interface for Freescale RS08,HCS08,HCS12,Coldfire and ARM-Kinetis Devices.

bye

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Wang,

Unfortunate the USBDM_CF_JMxxCLD_V3 only supports the JTAG interface on ARM devices.  The MKL05 series does not use that interface.  It only uses the newer SWD interface.

The K60 device should work.  Hove you tried the stand-alone programmer?  Does it detect the target device?  If so could you let me know the device ID and I will check if there is a problem.

The support for different interfaces by different version of USBDM is shown on this page:

USBDM: USBDM Debugger interface for Freescale RS08,HCS08,HCS12,Coldfire and ARM-Kinetis Devices.

bye

wangbaode
Contributor IV

Hi pgo,

Thanks for your answer.I know why my BDM can't work according to your answer.I will make a new BDM to support SWD.

But I have another question that I always can't open the last link.

0 Kudos