TBDML for sale ????

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TBDML for sale ????

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Is there anybody currently producing a TBDML at a low cost for students to use?
Or a kit or board that can be purchased?

Thanks.

Message Edited by JimDon on 2007-07-24 12:04 PM
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Witztronics
Contributor IV
Jim,

We have modified the TBDML firmware to run on our version of the OSBDM hardware. 

We are still testing the product before it is released, but so far the results are good (we have trouble working with a 9S12E128 eval kit, but it looks like a hardware issue on the eval kit).

As soon as our testing is complete, we will release it as a product for sale.

I have attached the modified OSBDM software, if anyone would like to test it on other 9S12 boards.  The more testing, the better.

Brian

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-26 02:01 PM
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Great! Just be aware that most of the EVB/UB's for S12 run at a bus clock of 24Mhz (max for the part).

I see a JB8 file in the code, can it handle a 24Mhz bus clock?
Or is that not an issue....
0 Kudos

Witztronics
Contributor IV
The JB8 you see in the software is used for the register definition information (same as the JB16).

The board uses the higher speed JB16 and should be able to connect to HCS12 devices with crystal speeds up to 33Mhz.

Regards,

Brian
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hi Jim,

How many do you need and at which price ?
I may know a company with stock.

Alban.
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Alban,
Well at this point I am just writing some documentation for a UB and would like to mention a source if there is one.
Although I have a P&E I would buy one myself just to check it out and describe it's configuration.

I am discussing various debug methods, and it would be nice if I could be specfic concerning the availability of the TBDML.

Message Edited by JimDon on 2007-07-24 01:08 PM
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hi Jim,

I don't have a specific name for you to enter in documentation I'm afraid.
P&E USB Multilink is very good and I used it 2 or 3 years and still do occasionally.
The TBDML is very cheap to do individually. It would be more expensive to make a production though.

I mean it was created to be built with free samples from different manufacturers.
When you start the production, all components need to be paid for, increasing significantly the price of the tool.

I have been thinking about starting production but haven't been through yet as I didn't see a huge demand.
Still, depending on the use and volume, it would be possible to find some.

Alban.
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Alban,
Well thats fine, my question is answered. Quite frankly, I've been using sermon lately as I needed to port my example code from D-BUG12 to sermon, and sermon seems to work great. Most schools have at least a POD in the department so sermon can be burned in to replace D-BUG12 (which most EVB/UBs ship with) so it is not a problem.

I don't really think there is enough demand to cut a pcb either.

Thanks for the quick reply.
PS.
While I have your ear, isn't it about time to start a Flexis forum? The EVBs are now shipping - just got mine

0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Jim,

We discussed about a Flexis board but we have:
- One core based on S08 covered by the 8-bit MCU board,
- One core based on ColdFire V1 covered by the ColdFire board,
- Peripherals of the 8-bit covered by the 8-bit MCU board.

By creating a new board, I was afraid to only duplicate/split questions of the 8-bit set of peripherals and CPU without adding real value.

That is why no Flexis specific board was created.
I will update the board description to offer guidance on Flexis coverage.

Alban.

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-07-24 09:29 PM
0 Kudos