Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K14x Automotive MCU 2018.R1

pastedImage_2.png

Product Release Announcement

Automotive Microcontrollers and Processors

NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox

for S32K1xx - 2018.R1

Austin, Texas, USA

July 23, 2018

The Automotive Microcontrollers and Processors’ Model-Based Design Tools Team at NXP Semiconductors, is pleased to announce the release of the Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx 2018.R1. This release supports automatic code generation for S32K1xx peripherals and applications prototyping from MATLAB/Simulink for NXP’s S32K1xx Automotive Microprocessors.

FlexNet Location:

https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?element=10221477

Activation link

https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?element=10221477  

Technical Support

NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx issues are tracked through NXP Model-Based Design Tools Community space.

https://community.nxp.com/community/mbdt

Release Content

• Automatic C code generation based on S32K SDK 2.0.0 RTM drivers from MATLAB® for NXP all S32K14x derivatives:
  • S32K142 MCU Packages with 16/32KB SRAM (*updated)
  • S32K144 MCU Packages with 48/64KB SRAM (*updated)
  • S32K146 MCU Packages with 128KB SRAM (*new)
  • S32K148 MCU Packages with 192/256KB SRAM (*new)
  • Multiple options for packages and clock frequencies are available via Model-Based Design Toolbox S32K Simulink main configuration block

pastedImage_4.png

• New S32K peripheral support added for DMA, RTC, Registers were added to extend the existing toolbox capabilities. The 2018.R1 peripheral coverage for each of the S32K14x derivatives is shown below:

pastedImage_6.png

• Redesigned the FlexTimer configuration block to support additional features for PWM generation and triggering events

pastedImage_7.png

• Added support for System Basis Chip (SBC) UJA116x configuration

pastedImage_9.png

• Redesigned the main Simulink Embedded Target library for supporting future additions of other S32K derivatives and External Devices for S32K products

pastedImage_11.png

• Implement communication port auto discovery to allow easy configuration for downloading the generated code to NXP targets and new Diagnostic options to helps with model creation or migration.

pastedImage_13.pngpastedImage_14.png

• 100% S32K supported peripheral coverage with examples. Currently there 115 examples available as part of the toolbox that exercise all the functionalities supported

pastedImage_16.png

• Add support for External Mode that enables Simulink on the host computer to communicate with the deployed model on NXP hardware board during runtime

pastedImage_18.png

• Enable MATLAB code profiler for NXP targets for measuring the function execution time using Processor-in-the-Loop mode

pastedImage_20.png

For more details, features and how to use the new functionalities, please refer to the Release Notes document attached.

MATLAB® Integration

The NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox extends the MATLAB® and Simulink® experience by allowing customers to evaluate and use NXP’s S32K1xx MCUs and evaluation boards solutions out-of-the-box with:

• NXP Support Package for S32K1xx Online Installer Guide Add-on allows users to install NXP solution directly from the Mathwork’s website or directly from MATLAB IDE. The Support Package provide a step-by-step guide for installation and verification.

pastedImage_22.png

pastedImage_24.png

Target Audience

This release (2018.R1) is intended for technology demonstration, evaluation purposes and prototyping for S32K142, S32K144, S32K146 and S32K148 MCUs and Evaluation Boards

Attachments
Comments

After pushing "Add" button in addon explorer
I will not go on ahead.

Is there a method to install it other than Addon Explorer?

Hi hayaoki7‌,

Thank you for highlighting this. I'm going to recheck with Mathworks what's happening since that is not normal. 

Anyway, please go to directly this link: https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?element=10221477 select the NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx version 2018.R1, make sure you select the checkbox near it and use the "Download Selected Files" button in order to download the file with mltbx extension.

pastedImage_1.png

Then, you can follow up the steps shown in the Quick Start Guide manual attached to the main thread.

Hope this helps!

Daniel

Hi Hayaoki7,  I just tested this and I don't see this issue. Add-on Explorer will contact mathworks.com to get a list of the add-ons, so if the website was temporarily down or  there was an interruption in the connection, this might be the outcome.  Please try this again - and it if fails, please contact MathWorks Technical Support as this is likely a Mathworks issue, not an NXP issue.

Cheers,

-Brian

Hi Hayaoki7,

I did more looking into this (uninstalled and reinstalled fresh) and I can replicate the issue. This looks to be an issue on the MathWorks side (Add-on Explorer isn't handling the MLTBX file properly). It has been internally logged and a developer is looking into fixes. Short term, please use the direct download method Daniel outlined.

Cheers,

-Brian

Hello all,

This has been fixed on the MathWorks side, and I just confirmed that once you click on "add" the installation progresses as expected via Add-on Explorer.

Cheers,

-Brian

I installed and tried everything that appeared directly in the download.
I will try it from now on even with add-ons.

Thank you very much.

Hi,

Is it possible to use this toolbox without Embedded coder from mathworks ? Only with Matlab coder and Simulink coder ?

Best regards

No, the Embedded Coder from MathWorks is a pre-requisite for all the other Coders (MATLAB/SIMULINK) that interact with the embedded targets: Embedded Coder - MATLAB & Simulink 

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎07-23-2018 10:46 AM
Updated by: