cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure pins in i.mx8

riyan_khairulin
Contributor I

Hello!

I'm working with i.mx8 processor. I need to configure pins:  ENET1_MDC , ENET1_MDIO through registers  SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_I2C1_SDA SW SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_I2C1_SDA accordingly. What should I write to dts file so that pins was configured as I2Cbus?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Riyan Khairulin,

You do not specify which i.MX8 processor you are using, but you may use the latest version of the Pins Tool for i.MX (link below) which already has support for the released i.MX8 processors. Please note that the tool requires internet access to fetch the processor’s configurations on demand.

https://www.nxp.com/pages/pins-tool-for-i.mx-application-processors:PINS-TOOL-IMX

This tool helps you create the necessary device tree changes for your configuration.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

riyan_khairulin
Contributor I

Hello Gusarambula!

Thank you for answer, i' m using MIMX8QM6xxxFF processor with fsl-imx8qm-mek board.  I configured the pins. I got output files: pin_mux.c, pin_mux.h, pin_mux.dts. What should I do with the files?  Should I insert the files to the kernel-sources or I can use just a part of the file(see bellow) pin_mux.dts and insert it to my iomux block?

pinctrl_hog: hoggrp {  

fsl,pins = <
                SC_P_ENET1_MDC_DMA_I2C4_SCL                 0x00000040
                SC_P_ENET1_MDIO_DMA_I2C4_SDA                0x00000020
                SC_P_MCLK_OUT0_AUD_ACM_MCLK_OUT0            0x06000040
                SC_P_QSPI1A_DATA1_LSIO_GPIO4_IO25           0x06000040
            >;
   };

Thank you!

T

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Riyan Khairulin,

My apologies.

You can insert the .dts code generated to the device tree for your device (either a custom board or the MEK board). The .c and .h files should not be necessary if you are using the device tree code on the board’s BSP.

Regards,

0 Kudos