Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

encryption of ntag424 dna

zahra2023
Contributor III

Hello,

We want to use NTAG424 DNA, with the following conditions:

1- We want to implement software reader and writer for the tag (not hardware ones).

2- we want to perform all authentication proceses on our own server (no external servers).

3- We want to apply all aspects of security on NTAG 424 DNA (such as using SUN,SMD ,PICC of the tag).

4- Also, writing on the tag can only be done through our application, and others cannot change the content of the tag unless we allow writing.

So, we want to know if such an implementation is possible or not?

P.S.: Please consider all the conditions of my question.

Thank you in advance

3 Replies

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @zahra2023 

Please check the below comments from my side:

1- We want to implement software reader and writer for the tag (not hardware ones).

NTAG 424 DNA is fully compliant with the NFC Forum Type 4 (ISO/ IEC14443-4), this feature completely implemented by software, seems impossible.

2- we want to perform all authentication proceses on our own server (no external servers).

This is possible to be implemented.

3- We want to apply all aspects of security on NTAG 424 DNA (such as using SUN,SMD ,PICC of the tag).

Here should be SDM instead of SMD. These items should be possible.

4- Also, writing on the tag can only be done through our application, and others cannot change the content of the tag unless we allow writing.

This is possible by personalized the keys.

Remo
Contributor I

Tanks for explaining. As you know, some devices can copy or clone tags, like Flipper Zero, so I would like to know if any device can clone the tags, then the tag's password will be revealed? And also does cloning the tag change the NTAG 424 counter?

Remo
Contributor I

Is no one answering this question?

0 Kudos