キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

SLIX SL2S2602 - order of PROTECT PAGE & WRITE PASSWORD

1,002件の閲覧回数
AndyVictors
Contributor II

I am trying to understand what is the proper sequence of commands to configure page protection and assign a (write) password: 

Imagine a blank tag:

1. GET RANDOM

2. SET PASSWORD (00 00 00 00 ) // default 

3. PROTECT PAGE 

4. WRITE PASSWORD (new password) 

Is this a proper sequence? I read that protect page needs SET PASSWORD but is it ok that it would have a default one which is then overwritten? 

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信
3 返答(返信)

983件の閲覧回数
AndyVictors
Contributor II

Thank you here also, it was not clear that one need to pass both READ and WRITE passwords first, even if I intend to use only WRITE protection. It works for me now. 

0 件の賞賛
返信

995件の閲覧回数
AndyVictors
Contributor II

If I am trying like in my sequence above I get "transceive failed"  on PROTECT PAGE cmd: 

[ 02, B6, 04, 00, 20 ]   // protect from page 0, write protection. 

Command looks ok, any hints ? 

0 件の賞賛
返信

988件の閲覧回数
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @AndyVictors ,

You have to get two times of random data to be used in SET PASSWORD, and please make sure the following circumstances are met:

• The related passwords (Read and Write password) have been transmitted first with the
SET PASSWORD command.
• The page protection condition is not locked

Please kindly refer to "9.5.3.6 PROTECT PAGE" from the data sheet for more details.

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 件の賞賛
返信