cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Session Registers of NTAG I2C Plus Demo Board - Unknown Response

Jump to solution
joe_pownall
Contributor I

I'm trying to read the Session Registers via NFC of the NTAG I2C Plus demo board, but both Read (0x30) and Fast Read (0x3A) return the same data, which I can't understand.  

So, for the FAST READ command, I'm sending [0x3A,0xEC,0xED]

I'm looking for the first 8 bytes, but they are coming out as follows:

Byte0 = 7D

Byte1 = 07

Byte2 = F8

Byte3 = 48

Byte4 = 08

Byte5 = 01

Byte6 = 21

Byte7 = 00

These values don't mean anything in the Spec sheet (https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/NT3H2111_2211.pdf ) 

Can anyone suggest why they're not coming out as expected? Even their default values are nowhere to be seen, but the response is always exactly the same.

1 Solution
joe_pownall
Contributor I

Sorry, I wasn't reading the documentation correctly. The data returned is exactly what it's supposed to be, but I can't find a delete button for this question :smileyhappy:

Just in case it helps anyone else, since I can't delete this, my issue was with the NC_REG byte. I didn't notice that the documentation referred to bits rather than bytes, which is why nothing matched up.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
joe_pownall
Contributor I

Sorry, I wasn't reading the documentation correctly. The data returned is exactly what it's supposed to be, but I can't find a delete button for this question :smileyhappy:

Just in case it helps anyone else, since I can't delete this, my issue was with the NC_REG byte. I didn't notice that the documentation referred to bits rather than bytes, which is why nothing matched up.