PN5180 ESP32 tag Icode Slix2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN5180 ESP32 tag Icode Slix2

Ricky1966
Contributor I

HI. I purchased a PN5180 board and made the connections with an ESP32. To test how it works I used the ReadUID sketch from the library examples. I also purchased some Icode Slix2 sticky tags, which I read with my phone and the NXP app, but I can't read them with the board. The library was frozen in 2022. To your knowledge, is there either a way to read SLIX2 tags with that library, or an alternative library? Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Ricky1966
Contributor I

Hello and thanks for the reply. In reality I purchased one of those boards found on various e-commerce platforms, I'm using it with an ESP32 and I program it through the Arduino IDE and a library called PN5180 library, compatible with the Arduino UNO and the ESP32. I chose the ESP32 because it has output on the 3V3 pins and I don't need a logic shifter.
I use the Arduino IDE to program it and a PN5180 library. My intent is to use ICODE SLIX2 adhesive tags as I used the TAG215 with NDEF encoding. The problem is that with these "unofficial" boards the library probably doesn't work at its best. So my question is if there is a library that works with these cheap boards and is more up to date since the last update of the library is in 2022 and the repository has been closed to comments.This is the link to the library

https://github.com/ATrappmann/PN5180-Library

I'm also attaching an image of the board to help you understand which board I'm using.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir,

Unfortunately, I can't provide support for these custom boards. I'm very sorry but my support scope is with our evaluation kits and, the recommended software which in this case is the NFC Reader Library

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir,
Thank you for using our products.
Could you please clarify if you have tested this while using the PN5180 Evaluation kit with our MCUXpresso examples? It should work since we do have an example specifically for reading all technologies including ISO 15693. This example is the NfcrdlibEx1_DiscoveryLoop and, it should provide the UID when detecting the ICODE tag.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

Ricky1966
Contributor I

Hello and thanks for the reply. In reality I purchased one of those boards found on various e-commerce platforms, I'm using it with an ESP32 and I program it through the Arduino IDE and a library called PN5180 library, compatible with the Arduino UNO and the ESP32. I chose the ESP32 because it has output on the 3V3 pins and I don't need a logic shifter.
I use the Arduino IDE to program it and a PN5180 library. My intent is to use ICODE SLIX2 adhesive tags as I used the TAG215 with NDEF encoding. The problem is that with these "unofficial" boards the library probably doesn't work at its best. So my question is if there is a library that works with these cheap boards and is more up to date since the last update of the library is in 2022 and the repository has been closed to comments.This is the link to the library

https://github.com/ATrappmann/PN5180-Library

I'm also attaching an image of the board to help you understand which board I'm using.

Thank you.

0 Kudos