Intro to NTAG originality check

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intro to NTAG originality check

mortimer678
Contributor I

Which document best illustrates how to perform the originality check for an NTAG 213/215/216/424 in a native iOS or native Android app? (Or how to perform the originality check at all?)

I understand that it requires a public/private key too for which I already have Secure Access Rights but do not see where to find and/or generate the key(s). 

Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @mortimer678 

Please check the following thread, there is an answer for how to originality check.

Demo for Originality Signature Verification - NXP Community

Best Regards,

kelly

0 Kudos

yosuf
Contributor I

This example mentioned does not use the curve secp224r1 which the NTAG 424 uses. Could you guide on how we can adapt the demo for the ECC secp224r1. Thanks 

0 Kudos

mortimer678
Contributor I

Thank you @KellyLi. How do we get the public key? It is unclear if this is something we're supposed to generate from the chip (like the document implies) or generate through the DocStore (like the thread I linked to in my reply above). 

0 Kudos

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @mortimer678 

I'll create a new case for you, we'll continue this topic related security file.

So, this thread will be closed.

BR

Kelly

0 Kudos

mortimer678
Contributor I

@michaelneurohr you responded in the following thread that the key must be acquired through the DocStore. Can you please elaborate? 

https://community.nxp.com/t5/NFC/public-key-for-ntag213-originality-check/td-p/617014

0 Kudos