cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NT3H2111 Problems with initialize password protection from I2C perspective

PhilPhixed
Contributor II

Hi,

I have problems to get the password protection to work by setting the dedicated registers via I2C.

My plan is to be able to save a NDEF message containing an URI from the NFC perspective, but only after password authentication.

The communication from the MCU to the NTAG I2C Plus (NT3H2111) via I2C works fine and I'm able to write to the memory. What I've done is:

- I've set the CC to: 0xe1 0x10 0x6d 0x08 (To initialize Tag 2 Forum Compliant Tag)

- Then I've set the AUT0 byte of Address 0x38 (I2C Perspective) to 0x04 (to set protected memory starting from this address)

My Problem is that now when I'm trying to write a NDEF URI on the Tag (using TagXplorer and uTrust 3700 F) it is still possible to write something on the Tag. But it seems like some bytes are write protected but others are not.

What am I missing?

Thanks a lot

Phil

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

PhilPhixed
Contributor II

Hey,

Thanks, this should help me to store the NDEF to another location.

But I still don't no how then to enable the password protection for the NDEF message

Thanks for the fast reply.

Phil

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thanks for your updated information. One may find the related information as Section 8.5.7 in datasheet. And the more information also find it as the thread. URL:https://community.nxp.com/t5/NFC/Ntag-21x-Write-ndef-with-password-protection/td-p/1158260.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

PhilPhixed
Contributor II

Hello again,

unfortunately my problem is still not solved. To show what my problem is I attached two screenshots which show the problematic behavior. The first one shows the initial state of the tag containing the NDEF Message "hallo.de". The AUTH0 register is set to 0x04, so that the NDEF message should be in the  protected area and be write protected from the NFC Perspective.

Now I tried to write a new message to the tag: "newTag.de". The TagXplorer program shows not error and says write success. When you look at the data after the write you see in picture two that all registers accept of the one with address 0x06 didn't change.

My desired behavior would be that no write at all is possible, except after a successful password authentication. 

I don't understand why the tag behaves that way.

Thanks for your help

Phil

beforeWrite.png

afterWrite.png

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You may refer to the thread for the related information 

URL:https://community.nxp.com/t5/NFC/How-does-an-nfc-tag-where-to-save-the-NDEF-message/m-p/1064506.

Hope it help you. Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos