Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHS3100 Temperature Calibration

Jump to solution
SnoZek
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm using NHS3100 as a temperature logger but when i use an external device to measure temperature i have a gap of 5 °C (NHS show 25 °C but it's 20 on the room). Do you know how can i calibrate the internal sensor ? Maybe the fact it is intern distord measurements due to NHS which heat.

I took temperature using this line of code :

int16_t temp1 = (int16_t)TMeas_Measure(TSEN_10BITS,TMEAS_FORMAT_CELSIUS,true,0);

And i use debug mod to display value.

Could someone help me ?

Thanks in advance,

Yvan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

This topic was answered elsewhere. For the community:

The temperature difference is big, but we are very confident about the temperature accuracy of the NHS3100 without any calibration step at the customer side. Typically the environment, the setup and the measuring equipment add significantly to the discrepancy. The only known cause related to the NHS3100 is the self-heating when being in an NFC field for a prolonged time, which can be recognized and taken into account.

That said, it is possible to recalibrate the temperature sensor yourself, to increase the accuracy in a use case specific temperature band. See the application note AN11657 in the SDK.

KR,
Dries.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

This topic was answered elsewhere. For the community:

The temperature difference is big, but we are very confident about the temperature accuracy of the NHS3100 without any calibration step at the customer side. Typically the environment, the setup and the measuring equipment add significantly to the discrepancy. The only known cause related to the NHS3100 is the self-heating when being in an NFC field for a prolonged time, which can be recognized and taken into account.

That said, it is possible to recalibrate the temperature sensor yourself, to increase the accuracy in a use case specific temperature band. See the application note AN11657 in the SDK.

KR,
Dries.

0 Kudos