Error in Integration of NXP PN7150 NFC controller to android

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Integration of NXP PN7150 NFC controller to android

me_kirankg
Contributor II

Once all the steps mentioned in the Android porting document(https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11690.pdf) is completed, the test application NfcFactoryTestApp doesn't work properly. NFC option is available in the settings window, but when its turned ON , dmesg shows the following error

pn54x_dev_write : i2c_master_send returned -107i2c-msm-v2 7575000.i2c : NACK: slave not responding, ensure its powered: 
msgs(n:1 cur:0 tx) bc(rx:0 tx:4) mode:FIFO slv_addr:0x28 MSTR_STS:0x0d1300c8 OPER:0x00000090

Definition added in platform tree file is as follows

&i2c_8 {        
pn547: pn547@28 {               
       compatible = "nxp,pn547";               
       reg = <0x28>;                
       clock-frequency = <400000>;           
       interrupt-parent = <&tlmm>;      
       interrupt-gpios = <&tlmm 10 0>;
       enable-gpios = <&tlmm 11 0>; 
       };
};

Any help will be appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
3 Replies

me_kirankg
Contributor II

I have checked the pin settings and solved the slave not responding issue. Now when i run the NFC factory test application i get the message 

"NFC Controller is now in continuous RF ON mode - Press enter to stop"

There are no error in dmesg as well. How can i test whether its working or not. When i place a sample NFC card nothing happens.There is no messages in dmesg also. I tried enabling NFC from the settings and placed a sample card. It is not detected. Can any one tell me how to check whether the integration is working or not.

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please double check the I2C connection and the I2C pins setting in device tree file.

For your reference, we have an example to connect PN7120 with i.MX6Q platform.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329733 

me_kirankg
Contributor II

Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos