cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting NTAG213/215/216 Tag to Website

himanshu118
Contributor I

Hello Support,

I have a requirement to create a user profile based on NFC tag scans. When a user scans our NFC tag, a link should open. Upon clicking the link, the user should be redirected to their profile page, where they will have access to private information such as images and notes.

Here are my queries:

1. Is it possible to obtain the device ID or UUID upon scan? I intend to fetch information from our database based on this ID.

2. If the device ID or UUID is not available on the NFC tag, can we obtain it through the mobile app?

3. Is there a method to identify which customer a device belongs to based on its device ID or UUID?

I need to assign each device to a customer, and the customer will store our information securely. Users should only be able to access this information if the customer number and device ID/UUID belong to them.

Please suggest the best approach to achieve my goal.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @himanshu118,

Hope you are doing well.

From NTAG21x Data Sheet, Section 8.5.1 UID/serial number, the unique 7-byte serial number (UID) and its two check bytes are programmed into the first 9 bytes of memory covering page addresses 00h, 01h and the first byte of page 02h. You could read this value by sending a READ command as described in Chapter 10 NTAG Commands, Section 10.2 READ.

Additionally, this device features ASCII mirror function, which enables NTAG21x to virtually mirror the UID into the physical memory of the IC in ASCII code, allowing the user to attach the UID of the tag to a link dataset as a parameter. This is explained in Section 8.7 ASCII mirror function.

I would recommend you taking a look at the RFIDDiscover and TagWriter iOS | Android. TagWriter allows you to perform some operation on your tags by using a mobile device. Mirror features are described in TagWriter User Manual, Chapter 2 and Chapter 4.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos