cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certification of your device built on the basis of PN5180

AlanSbor
Contributor II

Hello NXP Team !

Do I need to certify my device built on the basis of the ESP32 module (there is a fcc id for the module itself) and PN5180 (there is a fcc id for the development board), what arguments should be given to fcc or other inspection bodies that my device was developed using the same technology as the kit developer PN5180 and its separate certification is not required?

As a matter of fact, I use the same components recommended for the development kit, I use the same formulas for calculating the antenna node (I have less antenna than in the PN5180 developer kit, but the range is greater and the power is 3.3V everywhere, the radiated power is less than in the developer kit ) - accordingly, everything corresponds to all the characteristics and parameters from the developer's kit. Are there rfid chips similar to PN5180 (ISO 15693) but fcc certified?

AlanSbor

0 Kudos
1 Reply

nxf58474
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello AlanSbor,

Hope you are doing well. The certifications are for final products. So you must contact the organizations in charge of each certification. So your product must complete the entire process, even if your product is based on our certified board.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos