CLRC663 MinFrameError

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLRC663 MinFrameError

s1m1ch
Contributor I

Hi All. We are using clrc663 NFC frontend for reading and writing data to mifare classic  tags. The communication to #clrc663 is done with UART. During reading or writing to/from tags we are also checking the clrc663 error register, which is often set by #MinFrameErr bit, especially when writing data to tags. We assume that if this bit is set the data exchange is not successful. The data-sheet explains that the bit is set when “A valid SOF was received, but afterwards less than 4 bits of data were received”. What could cause such behavior? Could it be a problem with hardware or antenna?

We will appreciate any reply.

Regards.

Simon

0 Kudos
3 Replies

minabf61
Contributor III

Hi there, 

Could you solve this issue? I have got exactly the same issue. How did you handle the error?

Regards

0 Kudos

s1m1ch
Contributor I

Hello Wigros,

Thank you for your help. I tried the same firmware on the SILICA TUSA RFID CARD READER DEMO BOARD | mbed , so I assume that hardware design should be ok, but the problem seems to be the same. Is it possible that I'm missing something in the initialization of the CLRC663 reader? Maybe timers are not adjusted to right values?

I noticed that the successful readings wary from tag angle and distance from reader. Small distance is not always good. Actually all successful readings are very random.

Regards, 

Simon

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  Simon,

According to you description, It seems that there are some issues on communications between Reader and Tag, So I think you should check antenna design and it's circuits.

At first, if you have CLRC663 EVK board, use EVK to do test, please!

Have a nice day!

TIC Weidong Sun

0 Kudos