NFC reader library porting guide for LPC11u37h(Ver 5.12) - Switching the NFC frontend

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC reader library porting guide for LPC11u37h(Ver 5.12) - Switching the NFC frontend

As NFC reader library 5.12 also supports PN5180, switching the NFC frontend from CLRC663 to PN5180 is quite easy based on previous porting. The porting also includes the hardware settings and software modification.

• Hardware Setup for porting:

a) Remove resistors on PNEV5180B to disconnect the onboard lpc1769 from PN5180, following steps on page 16 of https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11908.pdf 

b) Connect LPCXpresso board for LPC11U37 with PNEV5180 as below:

pastedImage_1.png

• Software Modification for porting:

1. Make a copy of Board_Lpc11u37Rc663.h , and change its name to "Board_Lpc11u37Pn5180.h", and import it into the DAL/boards folder.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

2.Change the source code in the header file as below:

pastedImage_1.png

3. Add two more pins' definition and configuration for BUSY and DWL pins of PN5180, and new configuration for reset pin.

pastedImage_1.png

and modify the reset logic:

pastedImage_3.png

4.Change the IRQ interrupt trigger type to rising edge.

pastedImage_3.png

5.Include this header file in BoardSelection.h

pastedImage_4.png

6.Add this new configuration in ph_NxpBuild_App.h

pastedImage_5.png

7.Add this new configuration in phApp_Init.h

pastedImage_6.png

8.Add this new configuration in ph_NxpBuild_Platform.h

pastedImage_7.png

9.Add this new configuration in Settings.

pastedImage_8.png

10.Building result:

pastedImage_1.png

• Testing result:

pastedImage_1.png

Comments

Hi Mr. Kan Li,

first of all congrats and thanks you for your post. I write a comment here because I'm having problems including the library in my project, how can I do it for a PN512 chip as frontend and a KL17 as MCU. Also I'm using MCUXpresso v10.2.1.

Kind regards, JC.

so far, just NFC Reader Library v4.040.05 R2 supports PNEV512B, but the main problem is this version just support LPCopen library, while KL17 is supported by SDK, so you have to refer to NFC reader library which support Kinetis as well.

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎06-20-2018 01:34 AM
Updated by: