Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMXRT: MBDT Project not compiling in MCUXpresso

Jump to solution
Sam_ECU
Contributor IV

Hello @stefancinipeanu 

I'm attempting to follow the instuctions below to export a project from MBDT (Matlab) into MCUXpresso.

I follow the instructions below using the GPIO_Polling example:
https://community.nxp.com/t5/Model-Based-Design-Toolbox-MBDT/iMXRT-Model-won-t-solve-when-activating...

When I attempt to build the project in MCUXpresso it generates errors in regards to "fsl_component_serial_manager". Attached is the error log (and an image showing my definition of SDK for the project).

The model builds and downloads to the board without issue in Matlab.

How can I resolve the issue?

Regards,
Sam

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
stefancinipeanu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Sam_ECU 

The SDK from MBDT cannot be imported into MCUXpresso IDE because we removed some unnecessary components to reduce the entire size of the package. 

I have noticed from your screenshots that you have installed in the IDE the SDK dedicated to the Evaluation Kit for IMXRT1010. The SDK that we`ve added in the toolbox is built for processor MIMXRT1011 that is used for the EVK. The toolbox was designed to support core processors from the evaluation kits for different customers that decide to go further beyond EVKs and want to design their custom hardware, using the NXPs processors. Just the examples from the toolbox are tested on the EVKs. 

So, I suggest to download the SDK dedicated for MIMXRT1011 processor(SDK_2.11.0_MIMXRT1011xxxxx) from the MCUXpresso SDK builder page. Uninstall the current SDK that you have in the IDE(SDK_2.11.0_EVK-MIMXRT1010) and install the downloaded one(SDK_2.11.0_MIMXRT1011xxxxx). I think this will resolve the compatibility problems that you have encountered.

stefancinipeanu_0-1658409773557.png

Regards,

Stefan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MorganM1
Contributor I

Thanks for the information, I will try to figure it out for more. Keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.

0 Kudos
stefancinipeanu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Sam_ECU 

If there is no problem for you, could you send me (privately on my email or publicly here) the project exported from Simulink to check on my side also? And then I can come back to you for more info.

Best regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
Sam_ECU
Contributor IV

Hello @stefancinipeanu 

I can generate the issue with the examples provided in the toolbox.  I can build the example using MBDT, but if I export the project to MCUXpresso then it can't complile

Attached the GPIO_Polling example.

Cheers for looking into it.

Regards,
Sam

Sam_ECU_0-1656918729774.png

0 Kudos
stefancinipeanu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Sam_ECU 

Sorry for the late answer. I have investigated your files and I think you do not export the Simulink project properly. Even after you press the Deploy button and the model is building, it is not enough to just import the folder evkmimxrt1010_gpio_pollingConfig into the MCUXpresso IDE. You also have to press the Export button from the Hardware Settings -> Hardware Implementation -> Target Hardware Resources-> Tools Paths. This Export button will add some files in the evkmimxrt1010_gpio_pollingConfig folder to make it compatible with the MCUXpresso IDE.

So, for a short recap, you have to:

1. Build the model from Simulink which will result the folder evkmimxrt1010_gpio_pollingConfig and other files.

2. Export the generated project from the model, pressing the Export button as I described above.

stefancinipeanu_2-1657806214981.png

3. Follow the steps from https://community.nxp.com/t5/Model-Based-Design-Toolbox-MBDT/iMXRT-Model-won-t-solve-when-activating...  for getting the generated project into the MCUXpresso IDE.

I will also attached, my generated project to try it and tell me if it works.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
Sam_ECU
Contributor IV

Hello @stefancinipeanu 

Your example has the same issues as those that I am generating from MBDT.

I've attached screenshots from what I'm doing.

I think the issue is that the MBDT and MCUXpresso appear to be using different SDK's.

MCUXpresso:

Sam_ECU_0-1658336647143.png

MBDT:

Sam_ECU_1-1658336681599.png

For the life of me I haven't been able to import the MBDT SDK into MCUXpresso.

Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos
stefancinipeanu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Sam_ECU 

The SDK from MBDT cannot be imported into MCUXpresso IDE because we removed some unnecessary components to reduce the entire size of the package. 

I have noticed from your screenshots that you have installed in the IDE the SDK dedicated to the Evaluation Kit for IMXRT1010. The SDK that we`ve added in the toolbox is built for processor MIMXRT1011 that is used for the EVK. The toolbox was designed to support core processors from the evaluation kits for different customers that decide to go further beyond EVKs and want to design their custom hardware, using the NXPs processors. Just the examples from the toolbox are tested on the EVKs. 

So, I suggest to download the SDK dedicated for MIMXRT1011 processor(SDK_2.11.0_MIMXRT1011xxxxx) from the MCUXpresso SDK builder page. Uninstall the current SDK that you have in the IDE(SDK_2.11.0_EVK-MIMXRT1010) and install the downloaded one(SDK_2.11.0_MIMXRT1011xxxxx). I think this will resolve the compatibility problems that you have encountered.

stefancinipeanu_0-1658409773557.png

Regards,

Stefan.

0 Kudos