Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMXRT + Freemaster: Timeout Issues

Jump to solution
Sam_ECU
Contributor V

Hello @stefancinipeanu, @mariuslucianand 

I'm working with the evkmimxrt1010 and the MBDT and have encountered an issue and would appreciate your help:

Combining the two examples ADC-Polling and GPT (with ADC-Polling as the base file), Freemaster continues to time out. The software on the board is still operating. It appears to be linked to the GPT-Start block.

I've attached the files.

What is the issue?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Sam

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
stefancinipeanu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Sam_ECU 

Sorry for the delayed answer. I have checked your model and when I build and download the executable file onto IMXRT1010, the FreeMASTER does not timeout. In the zip file you have sent, there is no axf file (there is just the bin) so I could not specify it to FreeMASTER to check the variables and to see if it timeouts. Also, in the FreeMASTER dashboard there are watched variables like Throttle, Status_Register and GPT_tick that are not present in the model that you` ve sent.

Also, I have noticed that you are trying to send some strings over UART in the ISRs of GPT and GPIO2. The problem is that FreeMASTER is configured on the instance LPUART1 and you send strings with LPUART_Write block on the same instance of LPUART peripheral. So, if the FreeMASTER is connected to the EVK and one of the interrupts would trigger, the strings that are sent in the ISRs might interfere with the FreeMASTER communication.

stefancinipeanu_0-1652868849074.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
stefancinipeanu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Sam_ECU 

Sorry for the delayed answer. I have checked your model and when I build and download the executable file onto IMXRT1010, the FreeMASTER does not timeout. In the zip file you have sent, there is no axf file (there is just the bin) so I could not specify it to FreeMASTER to check the variables and to see if it timeouts. Also, in the FreeMASTER dashboard there are watched variables like Throttle, Status_Register and GPT_tick that are not present in the model that you` ve sent.

Also, I have noticed that you are trying to send some strings over UART in the ISRs of GPT and GPIO2. The problem is that FreeMASTER is configured on the instance LPUART1 and you send strings with LPUART_Write block on the same instance of LPUART peripheral. So, if the FreeMASTER is connected to the EVK and one of the interrupts would trigger, the strings that are sent in the ISRs might interfere with the FreeMASTER communication.

stefancinipeanu_0-1652868849074.png

Sam_ECU
Contributor V

Hello @stefancinipeanu,

That Freemaster and the interrupt were both trying to communicated on the LPUART appears to have been the issue.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos