cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote frames in CAN for S32K3xx MBDT

nikhillemos1
Contributor II

Hi Everyone.

I was trying to find how to send Remote Frames from the S32K344 using the MBDT v1.4. I looked for a way to define a particular frame as remote in both the toolbox blocks as well as the Config Tool but to no avail. Can anyone help me figure this out? 

The toolbox for the NXP S32k1xx series has a check-box that defines a frame as a remote frame, but I found no way of doing this with the S32K3xx toolbox.

Thanks in advance,

Nikhil

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Irina_Costachescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @nikhillemos1,

MBDT uses MCAL layer of the RTD (Real-Time Drivers) for the on-board peripherals, pins, and clocks configuration and control by providing:

• drivers configuration from external configuration tools such as S32CT and EB Tresos.
  • a library of Simulink blocks which are generating code on top of RTD APIs.

Hence, if the configuration of Remote Frames is not an available feature, this means that this functionality is not offered by the RTD software MBDT integrates.

Since the RTD MCAL layer is designed to respect the requirements of the AUTOSAR standard specifications, this lack of support for Remote Frames might be something intended, as this is stated inside the AUTOSAR Software Specification of the Can component. 

Irina_Costachescu_0-1716995489771.png

However, if you would like to get more details on this functionality, and if/how it can be achieved, please feel free to contact the RTD community, and if an option is available, we could help you to port it inside the Simulink environment.

Inside the S32K1xx toolbox, the implementation is different than in the case of S32K3. External configuration tools integration is not supported, as the peripherals, pins and clocks are initialized from Simulink blocks. Also, the MBDT for S32K1 blocks are generating code on top the the SDK, which is a different drivers package than RTD.

Please let us know if this information helps or if more details related to the Can component configuration using MBDT for S32K3 are required.

Thank you,
Irina

0 Kudos