Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMS & MBDT - MC33775A TPL communication with S32K

Jump to solution
yassinechamam
Contributor III

Hello,

I want to know what i should change in the configuration to be able to read the values of two CMU. 

thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @yassinechamam,

For such a scenario, we offer inside our MBDT for BMS 1.1.0 release an example, k344bmu_read_s32ct which handles 4 x MC33775 over TPL.

However, there are a couple of places in which you have to make some changes to achieve communication with a different number of BCCs.

1. Configuration tools project:

First, you have to go to S32CT/EB tresos, and for this, please open any MBDT block and press the Configure... button.

Go to Bms_common, and under the BMSCommon Driver configuration, and PHY-AFE Network configuration, you have to specify the number of Devices here, in your case, 2. TPL3_CMU_1 stands for MC33775 while the TPL3_CMU_2 stands for MC33774.

mariuslucianand_0-1715774801049.png

2. Change the initialization sequence

In the model, you have to go to the Initialize function, and under INIT_775a, to only change the Max DeviceNumber. The construction here is automatically performing the Wakeup and Enumeration for the selected number of devices.

mariuslucianand_1-1715775064103.png

Of course, inside the model, you have to adjust your application to handle the correct number of devices. In this case, the state machine only iterates through the numbers 1 to 4 so the state machine needs to be adjusted to fill your requirements.

mariuslucianand_2-1715775168216.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @yassinechamam,

For such a scenario, we offer inside our MBDT for BMS 1.1.0 release an example, k344bmu_read_s32ct which handles 4 x MC33775 over TPL.

However, there are a couple of places in which you have to make some changes to achieve communication with a different number of BCCs.

1. Configuration tools project:

First, you have to go to S32CT/EB tresos, and for this, please open any MBDT block and press the Configure... button.

Go to Bms_common, and under the BMSCommon Driver configuration, and PHY-AFE Network configuration, you have to specify the number of Devices here, in your case, 2. TPL3_CMU_1 stands for MC33775 while the TPL3_CMU_2 stands for MC33774.

mariuslucianand_0-1715774801049.png

2. Change the initialization sequence

In the model, you have to go to the Initialize function, and under INIT_775a, to only change the Max DeviceNumber. The construction here is automatically performing the Wakeup and Enumeration for the selected number of devices.

mariuslucianand_1-1715775064103.png

Of course, inside the model, you have to adjust your application to handle the correct number of devices. In this case, the state machine only iterates through the numbers 1 to 4 so the state machine needs to be adjusted to fill your requirements.

mariuslucianand_2-1715775168216.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos
yassinechamam
Contributor III

Hello @mariuslucianand ,

Thank you for your response. i did apply the changes and i can read Cell and module Voltages but what i find strange is that the the last module voltages that i read have the exact same value all the time. Is the any other detail i need to consider ? 

yassinechamam_0-1715779528029.png

Also i want to read the voltage value measurement of the BJB BCC772C and i fail to understand how i can do the measurement of the values in this table using Simulink blocks. 

yassinechamam_1-1715779779289.png

Thank you in advance

Yacine Chamem

0 Kudos