Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

_timer_start_oneshot_at_ticks usage

Jump to solution
Paleantrop
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm having a problem using the _timer_start_oneshot_at_ticks function. For my application I need to set a timer to count a certain amount of time and call a function only once. For this I'm calling _timer_start_oneshot_at_ticks and everything seems to work ok at the beginning.

The problem is that I need to repeat this operation for an unlimited number of times but it seems that every time I call _timer_start_oneshot_at_ticks, the return value of the function increases like if a new timer is created every time the function is called, and after a certain amount of time the _timer_start_oneshot_at_ticks starts returning TIMER_NULL_ID.

Any idea of how to turnaround this problem?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrM
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

I think the timer is not canceled within the callback because it's not in the context of task that created it.

So I suggest to cancel the timer before you're going to use it again in your task.

Regards,

PetrM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
boogy
Contributor III

timer_cancel ?

0 Kudos
Paleantrop
Contributor III

Hi,

I have investigated more deeply the _timer_cancel function and I have the following problem : I step into the function (id is 1 as I was expecting..  - see attached screenshot 1) , then the timer_component_ptr is created and I am not sure that the "SIZE" from ELAPSED_TIMER_ENTRIES should be "0" (see screenshot2). In the end the function is returning MQX_INVALID_PARAMETER (see screenshot 3). I tried to find a solution debugging this issue, but no success, even that I passed the correct parameter to the function. 

Anyone of you can help, please ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
boogy
Contributor III

Is this enabled in your BSP?

#define MQX_USE_TIMER 1

Your handle should be a memory location not 1.

0 Kudos
Paleantrop
Contributor III

Yes, MQX_USE_TIMER is set to 1 in BSP...

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paleantrop,

Have you created the timer module before calling the timer function?

error = _timer_create_component(TIMER_DEFAULT_TASK_PRIORITY,
         TIMER_DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE);

Can you create reduced code snippet and post?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Paleantrop
Contributor III

if (_timer_create_component(TIMER_DEFAULT_TASK_PRIORITY, TIMER_DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE)!= MQX_OK)  {     _mqx_exit(1);   }   while(TRUE)  {     req = _mem_alloc((_mem_size)sizeof(uchar));      nBytes =3;         req = data;       uart2_timer = (80000 * nBytes  / 1152) / 250;   uart2_timer += 2;   uart2_timer = uart2_timer * 250;    _time_init_ticks(&ticks, 0);   _time_init_ticks(&dticks, 0);    SetEnable();  for(i=0;i<nBytes;i++)      write(uart2_ptr,(char_ptr)req + i,1);      _time_get_elapsed_ticks(&ticks);    _time_add_usec_to_ticks(&ticks,uart2_timer);    _time_add_usec_to_ticks(&dticks,uart2_timer);     com_timer = _timer_start_oneshot_at_ticks(check_uart_timer, 0, TIMER_ELAPSED_TIME_MODE, &dticks);

_time_delay(50);

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

As you can see I have initialized the _timer_component and the _timer_cancel function is called inside check_uart_timer.

Do you have any other idea?

0 Kudos
PetrM
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

I think the timer is not canceled within the callback because it's not in the context of task that created it.

So I suggest to cancel the timer before you're going to use it again in your task.

Regards,

PetrM

0 Kudos
Paleantrop
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I've tried with _timer_cancel but no succes. Any other idea?

0 Kudos