cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rtcs_shell_twrk60f120m and httpsrv_twrk60f120m

Jump to solution
keithtang
Contributor IV

Have anyone tried running rtcs_shell_twrk60f120m? Does it work?

I have tried it briefly and it doesn't seem to work. I stepped through the codes, and found that it fails at obtaining IP address through DHCP. Setting it to manual IP address succeeded (of course!) but it fails to communicate with the remote computer, i.e. I cannot ping the tower.

I tried httpsrv_twrk60f120m as well, it binds the address correctly and seems to be running, but I cannot connect to it, i.e. browsing the IP address via browser fails.

I believe the above two are due to the same RTCS problem. Anyone can shed some lights?

1 Solution
keithtang
Contributor IV

I have to say this Freescale forum is really quiet, probably due to the relatively low usage of MQX. Anyway, just to help the new comers like me, here is the answer to the question I posted above.

When you are using TWRK60F120M, it uses RMII interface instead of MII, for whatever reasons. The TWR-SER board, on the other hand, has its default settings set to MII mode.

Hence to change from MII to RMII mode, you need to change the following jumpers setting:

1. J2, the CLK_SEL jumper. Short pin 3-4 instead of 1-2. RMII requires 50 MHz to work.

2. J12, the ETH_CONFIG jumper. Default is left open. You need to insert a jumper across pin 9-10. Please check the PHY KSZ8041NL datasheet on the configuration.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
keithtang
Contributor IV

I have to say this Freescale forum is really quiet, probably due to the relatively low usage of MQX. Anyway, just to help the new comers like me, here is the answer to the question I posted above.

When you are using TWRK60F120M, it uses RMII interface instead of MII, for whatever reasons. The TWR-SER board, on the other hand, has its default settings set to MII mode.

Hence to change from MII to RMII mode, you need to change the following jumpers setting:

1. J2, the CLK_SEL jumper. Short pin 3-4 instead of 1-2. RMII requires 50 MHz to work.

2. J12, the ETH_CONFIG jumper. Default is left open. You need to insert a jumper across pin 9-10. Please check the PHY KSZ8041NL datasheet on the configuration.

Hope this helps.

alexandrevincon
Contributor III

Dear Keith Tang,

I was facing the exact same problem, and I'm very glad that you managed to find the solution.

Thank you so much!

AV

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi AV and others,

Sorry for the trouble on configuring the hardware.  I've been bitten in past too but have learned to consult the FSL_MQX_getting_started.pdf document in the MQX4.0/doc path.

Section 7 has all the default board/tower configuration settings (the release notes also point to this document):

ScreenHunter_11 Mar. 20 10.31.gif

Regards,

David

alexandrevincon
Contributor III

Thank you very much for this precious information.

But it is also a bit confusing, because I think this is hardware related and shall be either in TRWKF120M or TWR-SER user's manual, not MQX !

Best regards,

AV

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi AV,

just information not trying to say right or wrong.

The tower mcu card are configured to run all by themselves without the TWR SER card (ie bare metal...no rtos) and to run some default application without any development tool.

Enter MQX...it has been setup run with TWR SER card.  It also enables fast prototyping and relatively easy implementation of Ethernet, USB, MZfS, etc.

So MQX is a fundamental part of our enablement.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos