cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

_mem_alloc_system_align

Jump to solution
FredF
Contributor III

When I added a USB LDD device to the pe_demo_twrk40x256 MQX sample project, it generated an error indicating that "_mem_alloc_system_align" is not defined.  I have not found any reference to this function in the MQX documentation.  This code is generated by Processor expert, and I do not know how to resolve the erorr.  I am using CW10.1 and MQX 3.7.  Any suggestions are greatly appreicated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Have your recompiled all : BSP, PSP and the application ? I recommend to clean all these project, recompile with the given option.

best regards
Petr Hradsky
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
petr_uhlir
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The integration of Processor Expert is done at the BSP level. You should add USB LDD to \src\mqx\build\cw10\bsp_twrk40x256_pe BSP. Then regenerate code, recompile BSP and then you can call USB LDD components from your application.

0 Kudos
FredF
Contributor III

Apologies for the erroneous information. The USB LDD was added to the BSP, but the error does not occur until the pe_demo project is built.  Thanks for the quick reply.

0 Kudos
hard_ware
Contributor III

I got exacly the same error;

Added USB_LLD PE Component in BSB, compiled without problems.

But in the MQX Application I got the Error:

(D:\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.7\mqx\build\cw10\bsp_twrk60n512_pe\Generated_Code\USB0.c|707|0|0|0|0)
=Referenced from "USB0_Init" in bsp_twrk60n512_d.a
>Undefined : "_mem_alloc_system_align"

The USB device lib is linked to the application.

0 Kudos
FredF
Contributor III

I was able to get a solution to this problem via a service request.  This is the response from Freescale regarding the problem. 

We made a quick analysis and there seem to be two problems:

- The funtion _mem_alloc_system_align seems not to be present in latest MQX.
So as the customer correctly observed, it's necessary to use _mem_alloc_align instead.

- The _mem_alloc_align is available only if the BSP and PSP is recompiled with the option MQX_USE_LWMEM_ALLOCATOR set to 0.
It should help adding #define MQX_USE_LWMEM_ALLOCATOR 0 to for example small_ram_config.h file, before this symbol is used."

For a current workaround you can use "_mem_alloc_align", enable the allocator macro and recompile the BSP/PSP.

Processor Expert team is getting more details on the best solution for these problems so that they get fixed for further releases of PExpert.
0 Kudos
marek_vinkler
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Attached is the updated MQX RTOS adapter in the zip file. Copy the zipped _MQX_RTOSAdaptor.prg file into MCU 10.1 installation directory {CW MCU v10.1}\MCU\ProcessorExpert\Drivers\sw\RTOSAdaptor\_MQX_RTOSAdaptor.prg. I recommend to backup the existing _MQX_RTOSAdaptor.prg file first.

Note: Workaround mentioned above (MQX_USE_LWMEM_ALLOCATOR) have to be used for MQX 3.7 henceforth.

Best regards,

Marek V.

0 Kudos
hard_ware
Contributor III

When setting "#define MQX_USE_LWMEM_ALLOCATOR  0" I get a bunch of new errors:

D:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.1/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldarm|Linker|Error
(D:\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.7\mqx\source\io\adc\adc.c|65|0|0|0|0)
=Referenced from "_io_adc_install" in bsp_twrk60n512_d.a
>Undefined : "_mem_alloc"
(D:\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.7\mqx\source\bsp\twrk60n512\init_bsp.c|83|0|0|0|0)
=Referenced from "_bsp_enable_card" in bsp_twrk60n512_d.a
>Undefined : "_mem_alloc_at"
(D:\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.7\mqx\build\cw10\bsp_twrk60n512_pe\Generated_Code\ADC_1.c|142|0|0|0|0)
=Referenced from "ADC_1_Init" in bsp_twrk60n512_d.a
>Undefined : "_mem_alloc_system"
(D:\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.7\mqx\build\cw10\bsp_twrk60n512_pe\Generated_Code\CAN.c|144|0|0|0|0)
=Referenced from "CAN_Init" in bsp_twrk60n512_d.a
(D:\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.7\mqx\build\cw10\bsp_twrk60n512_pe\Generated_Code\GPIO_ACC1_INT.c|94|0|0|0|0)
=Referenced from "GPIO_ACC1_INT_Init" in bsp_twrk60n512_d.a

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Have your recompiled all : BSP, PSP and the application ? I recommend to clean all these project, recompile with the given option.

best regards
Petr Hradsky
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos
hard_ware
Contributor III

Ok thanks, now it works, I have not recompiled the PSP.

0 Kudos