MQX 4.1.1 BSP Cloning Wizard bug and fix (globals_full.yml not found)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 4.1.1 BSP Cloning Wizard bug and fix (globals_full.yml not found)

dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

I started a new project this week, so I updated to the latest MQX release (4.1.1, I had been using 4.0.2 previously) to get K21F120 support.  My first step was to clone the K21 BSP for our new board, but after creating the YML file and starting the cloning process, I got a crapton of error messages, that mostly looked like this:

Generating: BSP for cw10gcc
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASSERTION FAILED:

message: file do not exists 'c:/Freescale/mqx_4.1/tools/generator/records/mqx_records/globals_full.yml'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

file : \<C:\Freescale\mqx_4.1\tools\generator\project.exe>UtilityBase.pm

line : 132

args : 0

args : file do not exists 'c:/Freescale/mqx_4.1/tools/generator/records/mqx_records/globals_full.yml'

file : mqx_project.pl

line : 41

args : MQXProjectUtility=HASH(0x675d7ac)

args : c:/Freescale/mqx_4.1/tools/generator/records/mqx_records/globals_full.yml

file : \<C:\Freescale\mqx_4.1\tools\generator\project.exe>Class\MOP\Method.pm

line : 125

args : MQXProjectUtility=HASH(0x675d7ac)

args : HASH(0x67720f4)

I checked the MQX file tree, and apart from the BSP source itself being copied for my new BSP, none of the project files for BSP, PSP, or examples were being generated.  I investigated the missing file, and found that while

c:/Freescale/mqx_4.1/tools/generator/records/mqx_records/globals_full.yml

did not exist, this one did:

c:/Freescale/mqx_4.1/tools/generator/records/mqx_records/globals.yml

I went ahead and submitted a support ticket, and after an initial misunderstanding (the tech just assumed I was asking about the 64-bit registry issue), he confirmed that this is in fact a bug in the BSP Cloning Wizard for MQX 4.1.1.  The workaround is simply to copy globals.yml to globals_full.yml and run the Wizard; this will allow the cloning process to complete.  I have a sneaking suspicion that the developer decided to rename that file, but had a copy of the old file kicking around on his system, so it only causes problems on a fresh installation of MQX 4.1.1.

Anyway, thought I'd share here in case anyone else runs into this issue.

David R.

5 Replies

tongjianwu
Contributor III

Thks,I ran into the same problem,too.

0 Kudos

razed11
Contributor V

Thank you. You just saved me some time.

jamesmonczynski
Contributor II

I ran into the same problem, submitted a ticket, and got the same results.

At first I was pointed to the 64-bit system thread.

Then they finally got around to the file renaming.

That works just fine for my custom BSP based off of the twrk70f120m.

Only thing is that I'm still trying to get the old flexcan driver working (my legacy code uses it), instead of the new fsl_flexcan.

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, you are right.

Thank you for your bug report.

Unfortunately this is bug and it will be fixed in near feature. We have to fix BSPCloningWizard application for that.

Yes, rename file globals.yml to globals_full.yml fix it and it could be used as temporary solution.

We will probably release patch for BSPCloningWizard independently on MQX updates.

I will update this thread when patch will be available.

Have a great day,
RadekS

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Note: Freescale MQX RTOS 4.1.1 Cloning Wizard Patch was already released.

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/download/license.jsp?colCode=FSLMQXCW_4_1_1_OS

It adds support for the "Kinetis Design Studio" and fixes some bugs (e.g missing globals_full.yml or missing FFS support for K60/K70 boards) in the tool.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

0 Kudos