cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCF54418 8bit NAND Flash Programmer ?

eukeniurkiaga
Contributor II

Hi,

We use a board based on MCF54418,。The NAND flash we used was 16bit IC MT29F2G16AADWP (the same as in TWR-MCF5441x) . But now,we want to change NAND flash to 8bit MT29F2G08ABAEAWP because of MI CRON longetivity program. We have just changed the  "#define MT29F2G16_WIDTH      16" to "8" in the flash driver and  it seems that our firmware works fine when we are debugging it. 

With the 16bit nand flash we also developed our own nand-flash booter  different from uboot, and we have been able to program the flash with the NAND flash programming command prompt utility for programming the boot pages without problems (https://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/programmers/CFFlasher-nand.zip )

We use the commands:

cf nand erase m54418twr_nand 0 80000

cf nand write m54418twr_nand 0 80000 1 myboot.bin

But now with the 8bit width nand flash, this tool does not work. I think that it only works for the 16 bit nand flashes.

I have been looking for a new tool for programming the boot pages for this 8bit nand flash but  I have not found anything.

Is there any flash programmer for programming the boot pages for this 8 bit nand flash?

Is the source code available for the CFFlasher? i think that with some few changes this utility could work also with 8 bit width nand flashes.

Thanks in advance,

Eukeni

0 Kudos
6 Replies

eukeniurkiaga
Contributor II

Hi Chen,

I have already tried the Code Warrior Programmer (v10.7) and it does not work, neither for the 16 bit Nand Flash, nor for the 8 bit. I have installed Code Warrior in three different  computers and it does not work in any of them.

Do you Know if the source code of the CFFlasher is available?

Regards,

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can search some old code warrior version,  like 7.2 or earlier version. Maybe they can support 8-bit nand flash program.

Regards

Daniel

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eukeni Urkiaga

I don't have the source code for CFFlasher, it is not free.  I would suggest you contact with PE Micro.  They can work an algorithm for customers with paid support.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

eukeniurkiaga
Contributor II

Hi Chen,

I had seen that thread already. That is not my problem. The driver with the 8bit Nand Flash works.

My problem is that I need a boot Flash programmer for that 8bit Nand Flash and for mcf54418.

Regards,

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eukeni:

I remember there is a flash programmer for MCF54418 in codewarrior, you can check this in an old Code Warrior version, since MCF54418 is an very old chip.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eukeni:

Please check this thread  for your 8bit NAND issue.

https://community.nxp.com/thread/340553 

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos