Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K64FN1M MAC<->PHY ===> MAC<->MAC

Jump to solution
paulhuang
Contributor I

Hi Kinetis :

I'm using  MQX 4.1.1 with RTCS on K64F120 tower and ethernet works fine.

I would like to remove the PHY device from own board, which means that MAC(K64)<->PHY to MAC(K64)<->MAC connection need to be changed.

Please advise how to modify and how to use it when I use the MQS 4.1.1. Is there any documenation for this?

thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If I understood correctly you would like to use Ethernet modules for point to point communication between two MCUs on one board and you would like to save money/space by removing PHY interfaces.

I am right?

Unfortunately we don’t have any documentation for such case.

Theoretically we could connect RX, and TX pins between MCUs. Maybe also some additionally gpio links will be necessary between MCUs. We have to mainly take care about link parameters which are typically communicated by MDC/MDIO interface. Therefore you will probably need some “dummy” PHY driver which will report to system predefined values or values based on additional GPIO pins.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If I understood correctly you would like to use Ethernet modules for point to point communication between two MCUs on one board and you would like to save money/space by removing PHY interfaces.

I am right?

Unfortunately we don’t have any documentation for such case.

Theoretically we could connect RX, and TX pins between MCUs. Maybe also some additionally gpio links will be necessary between MCUs. We have to mainly take care about link parameters which are typically communicated by MDC/MDIO interface. Therefore you will probably need some “dummy” PHY driver which will report to system predefined values or values based on additional GPIO pins.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos