Getting error when opening Kinetis MQX4.1 project in MQX4.2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error when opening Kinetis MQX4.1 project in MQX4.2

ARQuattr
Contributor IV

I have a Codewarrior project that was compiling fine in CW10.6 with MQX4.1.1 installed.  I installed MQX4.2 and when I tried to open the same project and compile it I'm getting the following errors:

c:/freescale/cw mcu v10.6/cross_tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: error: project.elf uses VFP register arguments, C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/MCU/ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/lib/armv7e-m\libm.a(float.o) does not

c:/freescale/cw mcu v10.6/cross_tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: failed to merge target specific data of file C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/MCU/ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/lib/armv7e-m\libm.a(float.o)

c:/freescale/cw mcu v10.6/cross_tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: error: project.elf uses VFP register arguments, C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/MCU/ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/lib/armv7e-m\libm.a(s_modf.o) does not

c:/freescale/cw mcu v10.6/cross_tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: failed to merge target specific data of file C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/MCU/ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/lib/armv7e-m\libm.a(s_modf.o)

c:/freescale/cw mcu v10.6/cross_tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: error: project.elf uses VFP register arguments, C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/MCU/ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/lib/armv7e-m\libc.a(__strtold.o) does not

c:/freescale/cw mcu v10.6/cross_tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: failed to merge target specific data of file C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/MCU/ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/lib/armv7e-m\libc.a(__strtold.o)

c:/freescale/cw mcu v10.6/cross_tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: error: project.elf uses VFP register arguments, C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/MCU/ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/lib/armv7e-m\libc.a(vsscanf.o) does not

c:/freescale/cw mcu v10.6/cross_tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: failed to merge target specific data of file C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/MCU/ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/lib/armv7e-m\libc.a(vsscanf.o)

(and there are more like this)

I had already gone through the project settings and updated paths to the MQX4.2 folder, and when I got this message after trying to compile, I also tried changing the "Target Processor" options in the C/C++ Build Settings menu to Float ABI = "FPU with hard vfp passing", and FPU Type = "FPv4-SP-D16"  From some online searcing, this error seems to be related to the hardware floating point unit.  But I continued getting those errors.

I also tried creating a new project based on an example project and copying my source into, adding relevant libraries, etc., but I ran into other problems which I'm working through.  But I would prefer to know how to fix the issue with the original project.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Angelo,

Did you build the MQX 4.2 libraries (BSP, PSP, etc)?

Please build all the MQX 4.2 libraries, then create a new MQX 4.2 project and copy into the sources folder all your  *.c and *.h files.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos