Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freescale MQX Remote Debug Tool / EDS Client

Jump to solution
rick101
Contributor III

Hi All

I'm trying to find more information on / implement embedded MQX Remote Debugging using Ethernet.

EDS Client / Server is referenced in the following Freescale MQX's documentation "Freescale Real-Time Operating System User Guide" and "Freescale MQX RTCS User guide"

"MQX Host Tools User’s Guide — describes how to use MetaDeveloper plugins, including the Design Tool rapid-prototyping tool, the MQX Builder user-configurable MQX-porting tool (for ARCtangent processors only), the Performance Tool analyzer, the MQX™ EDS™ Client remote monitoring tool, and Task Aware Debug for SeeCode™ and other debuggers."

Question 1 - I can't find "MQX Host Tools User’s Guide" anyone know where I can get this from

“Using the EDS server in the target code and using the EDS client (Freescale MQX Remote Debug Tool)”

Question 2 – Anyone know where I can get the “Freescale MQX Remote Debug Tool” ?

We are using Code Warrior 10.3 for the Power Architecture (Not MCU)

Thanks Rick

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately that reference to EDS client is a documentation issue. This is not provided by Freescale, but we provide you with two different options:

1. Runtime TAD in CodeWarrior:

c:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\doc\tools\cw\MQX_RuntimeTAD_getting_started.pdf

2. FreeMASTER:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=FREEMASTER

FreeMASTER tool allows also to monitor/control a target system over network, but you need two computers, one PC with a FreeMASTER GUI and one PC connected to the target system via one of the supported local connections (serial, CAN, JTAG), which is running a FreeMASTER remote server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rick101
Contributor III

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the answers....

Our target uses Code Warrior 10.3 for the Power Architecture, TAD is not available for this variant of Code Warrior (its available for the MCU version)

MQX still seems to contains the EDS Server Code.... Debugging the target via TCP/IP client would be very useful feature

I found this post, it implies that EDS will release a plugin for Code Warrior, hopefully for Power Architecture Version

https://community.freescale.com/message/114950#114950

It would be good to find out if this was the case or not

Update... EDS will not provided

0 Kudos
Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately that reference to EDS client is a documentation issue. This is not provided by Freescale, but we provide you with two different options:

1. Runtime TAD in CodeWarrior:

c:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\doc\tools\cw\MQX_RuntimeTAD_getting_started.pdf

2. FreeMASTER:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=FREEMASTER

FreeMASTER tool allows also to monitor/control a target system over network, but you need two computers, one PC with a FreeMASTER GUI and one PC connected to the target system via one of the supported local connections (serial, CAN, JTAG), which is running a FreeMASTER remote server.

0 Kudos