Does the mqx is free? or license required?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the mqx is free? or license required?

Jump to solution
edgardocerone
Contributor I

Hi, I'm using the Codewarrior 10.2, MQX 4.0 and MPXS2005LVQ80 and when I enter debug mode, it displays the following error:

Failed to resume target process., Unable to use the plug-in "PA RTOS debugger". No valid license key was found.

The MQX not free or have to pay?

Please how I can solve this problem?

Best Regards,

Eddie

Tags (3)
1 Solution
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Task Aware Debugging (TAD) is only available in the Professional version of CodeWarrior. By default it is enabled in MQX projects, so it looks like CodeWarrior is complaining about it because you are using a non-Professional version. You can either try a 30-day evaluation of the Professional version (CodeWarrior Development Suite - Professional Product Summary Page), or else disable the MQX TAD plugin.You can do that in the debugger settings for a particular project. It'll be under the "Debugger" tab, and then on that screen, under the "OS Awareness" tab.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Task Aware Debugging (TAD) is only available in the Professional version of CodeWarrior. By default it is enabled in MQX projects, so it looks like CodeWarrior is complaining about it because you are using a non-Professional version. You can either try a 30-day evaluation of the Professional version (CodeWarrior Development Suite - Professional Product Summary Page), or else disable the MQX TAD plugin.You can do that in the debugger settings for a particular project. It'll be under the "Debugger" tab, and then on that screen, under the "OS Awareness" tab.

0 Kudos
Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

seems you are using a special Edition CodeWarrior, the limitation of this CW edition is 128k in Code Size.

your problem should be caused by this issue.

MQX is free. But in most time the MQX project is larger than 128k.

regarding to your issue, I would suggest downloading the latest CW v10.4 (plase download the evalution edition which has no limitation in code size for one month) for your testing.

0 Kudos