cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS issue

aryavijayan
Contributor II

Hi,

We have observed that the DNS server is failing to resolve the IP address. This is mostly seen when we switch the router OFF/ON. But that time we can ping the DNS IP successfully. Note that other devices are working in the same network without issues. Please provide a solution.

Another question is should we start DNS client when we retrieve IP from DHCP server? We are using the below calls to get IP from DHCP server.

ipcfg_bind_dhcp_wait(),

dnsIPAddress = ipcfg_get_dns_ip(ENET_DEVICE,0)

Should I call ipcfg_add_dns_ip(ENET_DEVICE, dnsIPAddress ) after ipcfg_get_dns_ip()??

More details:

OS                     : MQX 4.0.2

Platform            : K60

Regards,
Arya

4 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Arya:

I would suggest you refer to MQX 4.2.0  and patched 4.2.0.2. In this version, we fixed one DNS bug, it seems related your issue.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Daniel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button or helpful. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

aryavijayan
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the response.

Well, from where can I download patched version 4.2.0.2?  I couldn't find it in MQX™ Classic Software Solutions|NXP. Could you please share the link?

Thanks & Regards,
Arya

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi arya vijayan

Please try this link

MQX™ Software Solutions - Releases and Patches|NXP 

pastedImage_3.png

Regards

Daniel

Have a nice day,
Daniel

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

aryavijayan
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much!!

Regards,
Arya

0 Kudos