cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP clone problem - MQX 3.8.1 CW10.2

Jump to solution
cavebiker
Contributor V

I followed the document -->Developing a new BSP (MQX 3.8.1 CodeWarrior IDE).pdf and created a clone of the twrk60n512 BSP.

I then created a new MQX 3.8 project using a simple GPIO example. Everything build fine without errors.

My problem is when I attempt to download the app to the K60 tower, I get the error --> "Failed to resume target process., Could not open memory configuration file"

Everything works fine when I build the GPIO app with the standard TWRK60N512 Board BSP, just not with my new cloned BSP.

Has anyone else seen this issue or does anyone know what my problem is?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
cavebiker
Contributor V

Thx for the reply Sergio.

I had this same question on another related thread, there Martin Latal replied with the answer. -->

////

seems I overlooked this: in the debug configuration->connection->target, there are paths for the CW debugger to look for *.tcl (device initialization) and *.mem (memory map file). In the BSP clone, it is as below:

${MQX_ROOT_DIR}/lib/880bd61fn1m.cw10/bsp/dbg/init_kinetis.tcl

${MQX_ROOT_DIR}/lib/880bd61fn1m.cw10/bsp/dbg/880bd61fn1m.mem

we can see the debugger is searching for the file in the MQX installation directory

/lib/880bd61fn1m.cw10/bsp/dbg/880bd61fn1m.mem

so just rename the file /lib/880bd61fn1m.cw10/bsp/dbg/twrk60n512.mem to /lib/880bd61fn1m.cw10/bsp/dbg/880bd61fn1m.mem

I forgot to mention this file in the document.  /////

This fixes the problem I was having.

Thanks again Martin

Cheers,

Tom

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sbaccam
Contributor I

Hi Cavebiker,

are you using the same uC? or are you using a similar uC?

If you open the directory ".../mqx/source/bsp/[CUSTOM_BOARD]/cw/dbg" you can find a .mem file and a .cfg file. They contain, for example, the memories size and some address. If you look in your project, you will find 2 or more .launch files. They are debug files and they call the .mem and the .cfg files. There is no problem with these files whether you are using the same uC of the Freescale Board. If you change it you have to change these files and rebuild  the BSP.

Sergio

0 Kudos
cavebiker
Contributor V

Thx for the reply Sergio.

I had this same question on another related thread, there Martin Latal replied with the answer. -->

////

seems I overlooked this: in the debug configuration->connection->target, there are paths for the CW debugger to look for *.tcl (device initialization) and *.mem (memory map file). In the BSP clone, it is as below:

${MQX_ROOT_DIR}/lib/880bd61fn1m.cw10/bsp/dbg/init_kinetis.tcl

${MQX_ROOT_DIR}/lib/880bd61fn1m.cw10/bsp/dbg/880bd61fn1m.mem

we can see the debugger is searching for the file in the MQX installation directory

/lib/880bd61fn1m.cw10/bsp/dbg/880bd61fn1m.mem

so just rename the file /lib/880bd61fn1m.cw10/bsp/dbg/twrk60n512.mem to /lib/880bd61fn1m.cw10/bsp/dbg/880bd61fn1m.mem

I forgot to mention this file in the document.  /////

This fixes the problem I was having.

Thanks again Martin

Cheers,

Tom

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI cavebiker,

The memory config issue sounds like the Debug Configuration is messed up and either cannot find the *.mem file or it is not configured to be used.

i'm guessing the former case.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
cavebiker
Contributor V

Hey David,

I do not see any .mem file anywhere int my project. Other projects the .mem file is in the /project/project_Settings/Debugger directory. My /Project_Settings directory is empty. The only thing I changed is the BSP, a simple straight clone of the TWRK60n512 Board.

Any ideas of how to configure CodeWarrior to fix this would be great. I am afraid it in the BSP clone I did.

HELP....MQX 4.0 cannot come soon enough

Cheers,

Tom

0 Kudos