cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100M Ethernet Negotiation

Jump to solution
mattitoikka
Contributor II

Is there anyway to initialize the ethernet/mac interface in MQX RTCS such that the PHY will force/advertise 100M only?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
mattitoikka
Contributor II

Turns out that the mqx/bsp project includes code/a driver to init/control a ksz8041 which does not include writing to the correct registers to only negotiate 100M for a different PHY...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mattitoikka
Contributor II

Turns out that the mqx/bsp project includes code/a driver to init/control a ksz8041 which does not include writing to the correct registers to only negotiate 100M for a different PHY...

0 Kudos
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Matti,

Please check the Radek's answer in the next thread and let me know if this helps.

10Mbps with LAN8720 and K70 - Communication wit... | NXP Community

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
mattitoikka
Contributor II

Sol,

Thanks, but the thread you linked seems to discuss periodically checking link status/speed in order to re-initialize the enet module to support adapting to different speeds/duplex when the ethernet connection is unplugged and re-connected to different switches/hubs during runtime. It didn't really help.

I need to set my PHY to only advertise 100M. It looks like changing “Auto-negotiation” to “Full_Duplex_100M” in the ENET_default_params struct in init_enet.c (for me it is located at mqx\source\bsp\myProject\init_enet.c, but may be different for others depending on how you setup a project) should solve my issue. However, I have made the change and my PHY still auto-negotiates...

Any other ideas?

Matti

0 Kudos
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Matti,

Yes you are right, you need to change this setting in the ENET_default_params[] structure which is located in the file init_enet.c. In that structure change the second element from "Auto_Negotiate" to "Half_Duplex_10M" or "Full_Duplex_10M", "Half_Duplex_100M" or "Full_Duplex_100M".  After these changes you need to Rebuild the BSP, PSP and RTCS libraries.

pastedImage_2.png

Have a great day,
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos