MPC574xR ADC PAL configuration (Processor expert s32 design studio)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC574xR ADC PAL configuration (Processor expert s32 design studio)

raghurajappa
Contributor IV

I am using the S32 Design studio's Processor expert to configure the ADC PAL. In this I cannot configure anything but ADC0. The processor expert always says "implicitly uses ADC0, ADC1, ADC2 and ADC3" but after generation, only ADC0 pal is generated (adc_pal1.c). I cannot configure any other ADC. Is there a reason or it's just a bug in the processor expert?? I also cannot un-do the use of BCTU. 

Could you please help me configure another ADC instance other than ADC0? If yes, how? 

Also what is the purpose of BCTU if I intend to use SW triggered ADC? 

2 Replies

cosmindinu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

In order to support both HW and SW triggering, the ADC PAL is designed on top of BCTU and ADC SAR. In the case of MPC574xR, BCTU is connected to 4 ADC SAR units, so they will all be configured by a single instance of ADC PAL. All ADC SAR units will be configured with the same parameters provided in the "ADC PAL Configuration"

The ADC unit to which the conversion is actually targeted, can be selected from the "ADC Conversion Input Channels array" configuration for each Conversion Group. The "ADC Input Channel" drop-down allows selection from all available channels of all ADC units. However, please note that for this type of ADC PAL (over BCTU and ADC SAR), all conversions in the group must target the same ADC SAR instance.

Please let me know if you have further questions

Best regards,

Cosmin

raghurajappa
Contributor IV

Thanks to your reply, I have a better understanding. One more question which is probably not a generic ADC related question but I am not sure,

What is the purpose of the userData within a configuration? the description says pointer to additional user data. But I don't understand what is the purpose of this callback in terms of ADC? 

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos